The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1
HamaL
well throw accounting out of the window coz its on LSE's black list. So they won't consider u as an AAAA student.
lets say u have AAA, so does everyone else who apply for that course.
U have a big advantage because ur doing f.maths, but NOT doing any essay subjects!
Having said that, u have perfect gcse grades and even better than that u'd pay them £10k a year....they'll really like u for that.
lets say around 2500 people applying to lse this yr and about 500 of them get offers...u maybe at the bottom end of that 500 people i'd say or top of those 2000 people who do NOT get in depending on how good ur Personal Statement is.

Why is Accounting in BlackList ?? Too easy? then again i managed an A in a year.

As you can see few threads down, under the title [Job Opp. to you]
That is my company. Whether it is going to make money in a while is a BIG Question but would it not make a huge advantage for me ?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
illumintai
Why is Accounting in BlackList ?? Too easy? then again i managed an A in a year.

As you can see few threads down, under the title [Job Opp. to you]
That is my company. Whether it is going to make money in a while is a BIG Question but would it not make a huge advantage for me ?

Accounting is not the blacklist as it is not regarded as a traditional/academic subject.
Reply 3
would it be a waste for me to apply there then as im taking Economics, maths and accounting to A2. plus im taking further maths to AS.

that means only two traditional subjects at A2.
Reply 4
just thought ide tell u, accounting IS a black listed a level at lse.

along with ICT, media, business studies, etc... (mainly anything that has 'studies' in it)

the strong subjects that LSE like in particular are:

maths
fmaths
economic
history
law
sociology
any science
english
any language etc.....

if u think otherwise get in contact wid lse dem selves. im only tellin u wot dey told me.
Reply 5
HamaL
well throw accounting out of the window coz its on LSE's black list.

I think this is a bit of a rubbish. The prospectus clearly states that LSE would like a candidate to have Maths, French and Economics (the best mixture of subjects) however, economics may be submitted by accounting or another subject.

Plus I think A-level Sociology is a joke compared to the level of difficulty of Accounting.
Reply 6
This is what they said when i emailed them.

With the three A levels you are offering, you have two traditional, Economics and Mathematics, and one vocational, Accounting, subjects on offer. The admissions tutors prefer traditional subjects, so you would be at a disadvantage to those applicants that can offer three traditional subjects. Our standard offer for this course is ABB at A level, but you should note that we often have to turn down applicants that meet or exceed this criteria due to the level of competition and limited spaces for our courses.
Reply 7
HamaL
lol U really think if u do Maths, Economics and Accounting, ud get an offer for BSc economics at LSE? That maybe true for some other courses but not for that course.

No of course not, but that's their preferred subjects at least according to the two consecutive prospectus. They prefer Math French and Econ, but the last can be substituted with accounting/sociology/business st/and some others. Btw I am applyin for Int Rel. with Accounting, Maths and French. What do you reckon are my chances?
Kiril
No of course not, but that's their preferred subjects at least according to the two consecutive prospectus. They prefer Math French and Econ, but the last can be substituted with accounting/sociology/business st/and some others. Btw I am applyin for Int Rel. with Accounting, Maths and French. What do you reckon are my chances?

Perhaps not too good, I am currently at LSE doing IR. It is very history/essay based so perhaps your mathsey background will go against you.

I got in with 4 As in English Lit., Music, Drama and History.
Reply 9
btw what do everyone think about the Business that I created during my Gap Year?

Is no one interested ?

You can earn 10/hour

What do you think is the problem ?? How could I improve ??
Reply 10
Euclid
just thought ide tell u, accounting IS a black listed a level at lse.

along with ICT, media, business studies, etc... (mainly anything that has 'studies' in it)

the strong subjects that LSE like in particular are:

maths
fmaths
economic
history
law
sociology
any science
english
any language etc.....

if u think otherwise get in contact wid lse dem selves. im only tellin u wot dey told me.

I think Law might actually be on the blacklist, I'm not sure though.

Latest

Trending

Trending