The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
thats a good question, i suppose they would'nt come up again in june.
No, it's certainly not "safe" to say it. And the chances of that topic coming up depends on how large it is and how large the whole syllabus for that module is.
Reply 3
Glutamic Acid
No, it's certainly not "safe" to say it. And the chances of that topic coming up depends on how large it is and how large the whole syllabus for that module is.

That sounds like a much better answer to your question OP :smile:
Reply 4
it's a smallish topic, there's a lot of bigger topics within my syllabus.

hmmmmm. i think i'm going to take the risk and leave it.
Reply 5
what subject is this for?
I don't recommend leaving it out entirely, because if it comes up then your almost certainly getting low marks for that part. Perhaps you should still look at it, but devote more time to the other topics.
Reply 7
history.
i have left stuff in the past and been fine i have left stuff in the past and been screwed, a rough knowledge so you can at least pull out a couple of marks should definitly be recommended.
Reply 9
well there's only two long essay questions given and we have to pick one, i really can't see an entire question being related to finance seeing as it happened in january, and it's a small topic as it is. i easily know enough about it to be able to link it into an essay about something else.
Reply 10
AQA history?
Reply 11
no, OCR.
Reply 12
I dont think it is and way too risky
I think it's pretty unlikely it would come up again. But if I were you I'd still have a quick skim of the topic just so that if it comes up you're not completely screwed.
I wouldn't bet against it. I've noticed in some Accounting past papers that some similar questions have come up about three times in a row...
Reply 15
mm, i suppose. i'm going to read my notes for it rather than make more notes than i am doing for everything else, i'm just about positive it won't be on the paper. it's not like i know nothing about it, i know the basics already, just not minute details.
I took a gamble and didn't revise the Treatment of Minorities for my Unit 3 (Edexcel), but revised everything else throroughly. Minorities DID come up but I chose the other question about German workers :biggrin:
im revising 3/4 key questions for ocr history peaches.... as if one of the ones i havent revised comes up i'll be able to answer the other question :smile: that way i can learn it in proper depth...
and maybe.... just maybe improve my english in the process :smile:
Reply 19
i took the "this question was on the paper last time so it wont come up again route". not a good idea, the exact same question came up on my resit. so i wud suggest u look over ur notes on it :P Good luck with ur exam:smile:

Latest