The Student Room Group
1) panic for the weeks before
2) pray heavily the night before
3) unblock your ears the hour before
4) panic even more through it

sorry. i am worried about wednesday too. More constructive advice: i have been doing as much practice as possible. Do practice papers, listen to podcasts here and watching the news here. I have given up on learning vocab as i find it impossible, slow and (for me) a waste of time as it is so unlikely that the words you learn will come up. I hope that helps :smile:
bitesize has some good exercises, but most importantly, learn numbers!!
i am completely freaking out about wednesday too, i could translate a transcript with no problem- but listening and understanding seems impossible!

however, i got 50% in my french mock listening, completely ruined my oral because of complacency coupled with nerves and got a good A, so i think there is hope!
Reply 3
i have past exam tapes that i do the night before, but i suppose that's no help for you!

try watching french tv if you have sky and trying to pick out a few words, at least you get used to the fast speaking and an actual french person speaking the language. same goes for french radio, but with tv you can put subtitles on and read along :p:

bitesize is ok but i don't find it advanced enough for me in the languages section, and don't really find it prepares me for the exam.

a lot of listening is luck, i find, anyway. even if you don't know an answer, write anything that it could possibly be as your answer, you're not going to lose marks and you might even be lucky and guess correctly :biggrin:

Latest