The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths Exam Dilemma

Studying Edexcel Maths Core and Mechanics, have recently done M1 exam and feel that it's gone brilliantly. Have my maths core 1 & 2 exams tommorow morning, but have not revised it at all, so looking to do it all today:s-smilie:
Having done no preperation, I am almost certain to be doing a retake in jan now unfortunately. Today, I am unsure as to whether to revise C1 or C2? Personlly, I think if I can finish C1 totally today i'd be confidently be able get 80-95% in it tommorow, at the expense of getting a very low mark in C2 paper. OR, i can revise C2 today, for which i have no chance of completing today in order to achieve a good enough mark in the C2 exam, along with a satisfactory mark in C1. If i do this, i'd have to retake both C1 and C2, where as if i get really good in C1, i'd only have to retake C2...What should i do?? Thanks:smile:
Reply 1
[QUOTE='[Dark Prince]']Studying Edexcel Maths Core and Mechanics, have recently done M1 exam and feel that it's gone brilliantly. Have my maths core 1 & 2 exams tommorow morning, but have not revised it at all, so looking to do it all today:s-smilie:
Having done no preperation, I am almost certain to be doing a retake in jan now unfortunately. Today, I am unsure as to whether to revise C1 or C2? Personlly, I think if I can finish C1 totally today i'd be confidently be able get 80-95% in it tommorow, at the expense of getting a very low mark in C2 paper. OR, i can revise C2 today, for which i have no chance of completing today in order to achieve a good enough mark in the C2 exam, along with a satisfactory mark in C1. If i do this, i'd have to retake both C1 and C2, where as if i get really good in C1, i'd only have to retake C2...What should i do?? Thanks:smile:
I think you answered your own question there mate. One retake is better than two :wink:
Reply 2
do well in c1. leave c2 for january. If you only get a satisfactory mark in C2 now, you'll probably end up resiting it in january anyway
divide your time..
I'm in the same boat as you..think I'm just going to concentrate on C1, and just retake C2 next January :smile:
Reply 5
ibbibeast2
divide your time..

and do less than ok in both? fail

do well in one. If he got a good mark in M1 and C1, he will get a decent mark overall
If you revise C2, you will have covered most of C1 anyway.
Reply 7
EvenStevens
If you revise C2, you will have covered most of C1 anyway.

but C2 is a progression from C1, if you dont know C1 well, you will struggle with C2

Latest