The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
xXx Eloise
Your welcome. 4 out of 5 of those questions are guaranteed to come up so just concentrate of those areas. My teacher also sent model answers for each one but I don't know how to upload them on here lol :rolleyes:

can you copy and paste them please?

thanks
Yh the model answers would be a major help, if you can do that or forward the email to me on [email protected] that'd be great!
Reply 22
^ yeah and email them to me at - [email protected]

but it may save you the hassle of loads of emails if you was to copy and paste. Would be such a help.
Reply 23
Hey... Please can u email them 2 me 2.. i wud appreciate it loadz! Also i havent got the APT thing everyone is talking about... can sum1 send it 2 me plz
Email [email protected]
kazss11
can you copy and paste them please?

thanks

the trouble is copying and pasting stuff I've hand written and honestly don't have the time to type 11 pages. sorry
Reply 25
xXx Eloise
the trouble is copying and pasting stuff I've hand written and honestly don't have the time to type 11 pages. sorry

Could you scan it if you have a scanner?

If not no worries thanks for the questions anyway. :smile:
Lvindy- I was thinking the same too. And im also thinking that im gonna fail this again! lol.. sorry prob the wrong thing to say lol. i think im gonna focus on those above posted questions cos this is all getting too much lol. this is much harder to understand than the jan case study lol.
jacob arla - u say you have the ATP report for this exam...i dont have it, but i was given one for my retake in 2873 couple of weeks ago, which was so useful. what key areas does it bring up? because i found it was almost spot on in identifying what would come up in the exam!!
Can someone please send me the APT thingy too and the model answers would be lovely... my email is [email protected]
kazss11
Could you scan it if you have a scanner?

If not no worries thanks for the questions anyway. :smile:

I'm sorry but I do not have a scanner. Please could people stop PMing me and sending me emails for them due to this. Thanks :smile:
surely if your teacher sent them then you could just copy and paste or something?! :smile:
Evaluate the impact on ACC’s industrial relations of employing Eastern European workers in the packaging dept. 20 marks..

any ideas anyone?
question about energy

it is currently £200k right? and set to rise to £300k?

the green energy will it now cost them £180k
or will it cost them £270k
Reply 33
cricketmaestro123
Evaluate the impact on ACC’s industrial relations of employing Eastern European workers in the packaging dept. 20 marks..

any ideas anyone?

three key issues (Paragraphs):

1-legal preferences-If employing EU, and current packaging staff made redundant, trade union will Question ACC about their decision. Could mean further legal costs, redundancy pay etc.

2-staffing issues within packaging-this is going to minimise committment and motivation on the current packaging staff, if their are any. the fact that they have a density of 80% in union, shows how this will affect ACC further. Union density more likely to increase.Tradition and culture will conflict and production/productivity will be lower. Affect other areas of ACC e.g. Manufacturing department-may think they could be replaced next.

3- ACC's image-The impact of ACC's industrial relations will affect their public image. people will see them as a unreliable business. supermarkets, may decide not to recieve products from ACC. therefore affecting sales. Community will be affected, especially if workers a based in region.

Eval- Question the ahievment from this, if any, if Lateef does go ahead with it.
Explain the fact that if it happens, then industrial action will be taken by current employee's, affecting time which is limited for lateef , when trying to acheive his 5% ROC by end of year.

{If i am wrong please correct me}
Reply 34
cricketmaestro123
question about energy

it is currently £200k right? and set to rise to £300k?

the green energy will it now cost them £180k
or will it cost them £270k

i would say £270K, due to the fact that it is only 10% of the energy costs. no chance they would be making a £120K saving, more likely to be a £30K saving- sounds more realistic.
Reply 35
Hi, can anyone send me the APT thing as I'm really starting to panic about the exam and need all the help i can get!!!
... [email protected]
thankyou!
guys you know the stakeholder importance question does any one have any ideas on what is the best way to go about it?

I was gona list all the key stakeholders and talk about their influence individually and then within th concept of ACC.

Also, my teacher said a key question that could turn up in the exam is the one about "Evaluate the imporance of good employee relations, at both the individual and collective level to the management of a significant change in ACC's employment practices."

Im guessing this is about the invovlement of the trade unions in the hiring of the eastern europeans.

Any other ideas?
I think so, they will be involved with any changes such as redundancy of full timers(reasoning why the change), a further pay freeze and also if the packaging plant is to be closed (eg redundancy payments)
Should ACC sell its packaging department?
Reply 39
Just to go back to what someone said before. Rising the price by 5% is abit of a bad idea as although it would seem on paper to increase the revenue in sales ACC is in a oligopoly with somthing like 4 other stilton producers.

And as we know if in an oligopoly and one peron changes price then they will actualy lose sales and therefore revenue as others will keep there price the same and so it will hurt them.

However should the majority make a price rise (maybe after a merger with the other two smaller cheese companies) then it is more likey the other companies will follow suit and rise price. If everyone rose there prices to roughly the same then revenue would go up.

Plus has no one thought of them merging with one of the big cheese companies as there would be no monopoly trust issues as it would just be a normal cheese company and they would benifit from a much larger economies of scale and a better bargining position with the supermarkets.

Latest