The Student Room Group
Reply 1
We're all in the afternoon, I'm pretty sure.

Linear starts for us at 1:30
Reply 2
ah, damn! was hoping.. praying that someone will give me an idea of what to revise for!
sdiana91
ah, damn! was hoping.. praying that someone will give me an idea of what to revise for!

No, it'll all be this afternoon.

Besides, don't be so daft! If you ask too many questions, they'll start blaming TSR for exam success, and we'll have to retake the exams! :eek:

Besides, OCR are already looking into alleged "cheating" on this site in Science practicals (BS methinks)...:ninja:

If I were you, I'd revise areas and volumes, and trig. Anything that uses a calculator and you couldn't do on the non-calculator. That might include the quadratic formula too.
Reply 4
yeaah, i've done a bit, but in exams i stress too much and just completely don't know how to do anything! i was thinking... if i got A's in my courswork and B's in my modules... how much would i need to get say a B?
sdiana91
yeaah, i've done a bit, but in exams i stress too much and just completely don't know how to do anything! i was thinking... if i got A's in my courswork and B's in my modules... how much would i need to get say a B?

How much is coursework? 25%? And what's the grade boundary (overall) for a B?
Muppety_Kid
How much is coursework? 25%? And what's the grade boundary (overall) for a B?

Im with AQA modular maths, Coursework is 20% (2 pieces worth 10% each), and grade boundary for a B is 70% UMS (roughly). It's high but with UMS you can get 80% of the avaliable marks in the exam and get 100% UMS...
chernij
Im with AQA modular maths, Coursework is 20% (2 pieces worth 10% each), and grade boundary for a B is 70% UMS (roughly). It's high but with UMS you can get 80% of the avaliable marks in the exam and get 100% UMS...

Good luck with that for this afternoon then! I've already done mine, so no pressure for me! :p:

*For clarity, I mean I've finished the GCSE. I haven't done today's paper before you guys - don't shop me :s-smilie:
Muppety_Kid
Good luck with that for this afternoon then! I've already done mine, so no pressure for me! :p:

*For clarity, I mean I've finished the GCSE. I haven't done today's paper before you guys - don't shop me :s-smilie:

Thanks :-) You've finished the GCSE? Have you got the result yet, or do you get it in August with the other results (if you're doing the others now)?
chernij
Thanks :-) You've finished the GCSE? Have you got the result yet, or do you get it in August with the other results (if you're doing the others now)?

Nah, I did it a while ago, but I'm doing some others now. If you want to know more, I can tell you, but I'll wait until after the exam - I don't want to reduce the morale of the troops! :smile:

OK, I'll put it in a spoiler:

Spoiler

Reply 10
Muppety_Kid
Nah, I did it a while ago, but I'm doing some others now. If you want to know more, I can tell you, but I'll wait until after the exam - I don't want to reduce the morale of the troops! :smile:

OK, I'll put it in a spoiler:

Spoiler

:O Gosh year 7/8?! You must be reeeeeeeeallly clever! lol
sdiana91
:O Gosh year 7/8?! You must be reeeeeeeeallly clever! lol

Anyway, how do you think you did yesterday?
Reply 12
Muppety_Kid

Anyway, how do you think you did yesterday?

Umm, i think I did alright. Don't want to to say anything just incase! It was better then the non-calculator paper so that's a relief. I'm positive I won't be getting an A* tho! lol

Latest