The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Our class got given vocab booklets of all the words that can come up in the test (excluding the obvious, like et etc), so i have been working my way through those. Shouldn't be too difficult though, the german wasnt bad so i'm hoping they will be similar.
Reply 2
I am absolutely petrified :O

yet I can't seem to motivate myself to revise :s-smilie: o dear... hopefully my general french knowledge should tide me through...
Yeah im just going over vocab. We have done loads of past papers though and i always get between a high B and a low A* lol so hopefully will be ok
Reply 4
Listening's the hardest for me. I just hope I'm sat near the front :biggrin:
listening (fingers crossed) seems to be my only strongest of all. and i hatehatehate writing and as for reading vocab probs is the main revision. since the listen. is in the a/n the whole morning will be spent going over the vocabulary. i'm hoping my best for the last questions for section a. they are horrible ughh anyway good luck evrn : ) x
Reply 6
i am scared but i think listening is easier than reading..
im hoping i get an A*, im just going over practice listening tapes my teacher gave me and ive got a vocab pack.
i
Reply 7
Yeah I've been preparing for Listening ..I've got a tape cassette for a past exam which my teacher lent me ...so I'm jsut gonig to listen to that over and over again! Lol
and I've been learning vocab..also I've done soooo many past papers at school

So should be fine (Fingers Crossed)
Reply 8
I am doing **** all, just like yourself! Destest le listening... i always end up day dreaming haha
Reply 9
Well I have a CGP ultimate French book thingy, and that has a listening paper and CD, so I'll probably have a gander at that tomorrow.

What are the grade boundaries? Anyone know?
Reply 10
I dont know i think A* is around 80% if your getting over 85% you can be coinfedent.
I can't understand how anybody can feel confident about French Listening! I'm just rubbish at understanding what they're saying. I usually get around 43/45 in reading and 19/20 in writing but I know I'm going to flop tomorrow's exam...
Is it true the grade boundary for A* in French Listening is 30/50? :s-smilie:
Reply 12
girlofthenorthcountry
I can't understand how anybody can feel confident about French Listening! I'm just rubbish at understanding what they're saying. I usually get around 43/45 in reading and 19/20 in writing but I know I'm going to flop tomorrow's exam...
Is it true the grade boundary for A* in French Listening is 30/50? :s-smilie:

I think people need to take the exam before they release grade boundaries but I would reckon an A* would be higher unless the exam is very hard
Reply 13
I'm revising by going through vocab sheets..I haven't done any revision for it yet though.
They wait until everyone's done the exam until they decide which grades go with which UMS scores.

Last year, for French A it was:
A* = 33/40
A = 27/40
B = 24/40
C = 21/40
D = 15/40

Just try your best though :smile:
The boundaries in listening tests vary extremely from year to year because AQA are not very good at predicting how hard the tests are. The average for an A* is probably 30/40. A is probably around 25/40 and a B is about 20/40.

I myslef am hoping for a B/A and I'll let my A*s in coursework and (hopefully) oral bring me back up to an A.
The Section A is usually quite easy but section B (English answers) is hard. I might be able to guess most of the Section B :s-smilie:
Reply 17
does anyone have anything on the computer or know any websites that can help me revise for french?! I've got a french dictionary... but i'm not reading a dictonary for vocab!! lol
Reply 18
sdiana91
does anyone have anything on the computer or know any websites that can help me revise for french?! I've got a french dictionary... but i'm not reading a dictonary for vocab!! lol

Try the BBC bitesize website, they have practise listening tests.
Reply 19
Gone through all the bitesize ones like 4 times, but some of the sound file links are broken? Thats about all i am going to do, lets hope its an easy paper.

And also, i hope a proper invdulator from the exam board better come into ours and set it up. For all the practice ones the player has been put on loud, and this totaly distorts the sound, and hurt when the people talk high pitched so you cant make out anything.

Latest