The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For morning exams we normally start about 5-10 minutes early, [8:50-55 instead of 9:00] but all our afternoon exams we normally start just around 1:30, so on time.
Wilsonator
I thought that the time was a guide, and as long as the exam has started before other people's may have finished it was ok.

By that I mean if it is an hour and a half exam, with 1:00 on the front of the paper the latest it could start is 2:30, so that their is no crossover.

Not quite, I think. Centres are permitted to allow their candidates to leave after one hour after the published starting time regardless of duration (although most schools don't exercise this rule, mine certainly doesn't). So it's 1300h for afternoon sessions, and I think (although I may be wrong), that all afternoon exams must start no later than 1400h.
We had to wait an hour for an exam once.

everyone was taking different papers so the invidulators got confused lol
We always start the exam about 5 minutes earlier than the scheduled time. None of the late comers are allowed to have extended time unless they have a valid excuse so everyone makes sure they arrive at school about 10-15 minutes before the exam starts.
Always about 5 minutes late, as people always show up from study leave late. Today in maths this one kid got into the exam about 20 minutes after it had started, he just strolled in, didn't care about how much noise he was making.
They always change the clock so it's on time. Even if they don't it'll be about 10 minutes inaccurate anyway. It could be bed time for all I know.
Mine starts about 10-15 minutes early. Where is that option?
We generally start more or less on time, maybe 3-5 minutes after the published start time by the time everyone is seated/exam papers given out/instructions read out/etc. The latest we started was about 15 mins after start time for Spanish Listening, but apart from that they've all been ok, and to my knowledge no-one has turned up late yet.
Reply 28
ours usually start about 10 minutes early, which I like!
mine have started nearly all 15 mins late.
my school and some of its pupils are just not organised.
our morning exams are meant to start at 9am and begin around 5 past and the afternoon exams start at 1.25 and usually start around that time, one or two minutes late at the max since everyone has to be there 15 minutes earlier.

Latest