The Student Room Group

OCR A2 philosophy this friday- question predictions?

Any idea what's going to come up this friday?? I've got an A4 page our teacher gave us of all the past questions he had (if anybody wants it PM me) for the philosophy of religion part and judging from last year Scripture didn't come up, only a small specific question on religious language (symbol) came up and body and soul hasn't been questioned for ages! :s-smilie:

So judging from that I reckon (very very vague completely non reliable prediction!) that:
Scripture
Another religious language topic
and a Body and Soul question

Are likely to come up! I really want a miracle question but looks like there have been loads of them so I'm not counting on it :frown:

Any predictions anyone?! Dodgy business this gambling lark!:suitd: :suitc:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wouldn't mind if Scripture or Body and Soul came up, but PLEASEEEE no religious language...I really wouldn't have enough to write unless it was actually about the verification or falsification principles and their criticisms.
Shame about the miracles thing :frown: I find that the easiest topic to remember! Lets just cross our fingers!
Reply 2
Yeah religious language is soo pointless! The V and F principles are the only ones I like, well only the falsification one really! I don't really want religious experience either just because it's so big I wouldn't know where to start!
Reply 3
hey!!
Well its 2 out of 4 questions isnt it??
I was told they hardly ever ask body/soul and its very unlikely to come up!!
Miracles will come up probably!! as one of the questions
Life after death aswell!! maybe disembodied existance or something!!
we havent learnt religious language or scripture!!
So if they both come up...then theres only 2 other questions I could answer so i hope they are good ones eek!!!
could I have those past paper questions??
xxxx
Reply 4
Hello 'MakingHistory' or should I say EMMA WHO I GO TO SCHOOL WITH AND IS MY FRIEND. hahaha
this is very amusing...it looks like we have both been desperately trying to find out stuff about Buddhism because MRS JONES IS A SIMPLETON.
Whodda thought it eh? :smile:
Reply 5
P.s what's everyone got against religious language? It's the smallest topic and the easiest to right about i think... just 'cause there's only a small amount you can say really unlike revelation etcetc where you could waffle on for years!

ahhh!:s-smilie:
Reply 6
Hahahah I was just about to say, because I only read the bottom thread 'ALICE I KNOW THAT IS YOU' but then I read the thread above and you have already outed me. Damn you. When I went on the recent threads bit and it said 'a for alice' and had that picture I was like hmmm I bet I know who that is.

I have been procrastinating on here for ages, it is a wealth of information.
Reply 7
i recon its going to be body and soul materialism stuff and mythical language
Reply 8
Clickabeth it's quite bad that you haven't done religious language or scripture! Is there any reason your school didnt do it? I don't want to scare you but they are quite big topics...on the other hand if you've done all the other bits if the syllabus really well then hopefully it won't matter!

Yeah I reckon body and soul will come up in some form because it hasn't for ages.

I really hope its not on mythical language because I don't want to revise it 'cause it seems really wishy washy too me and I don't know how I'd write a whole answer on it! What would you even say???
hopefully either :
religious experience
religious language or
miracles will turn up.. if not.. ill probably cry like a ten year old girl
Reply 10
i know!! theyve missed out loads :frown::frown: Im hoping though...
That say Religious language and Scripture does come up... then the other 2 questions will be ones i can answer!!
Do you reckon they would every put up 2 questions on religious langugage and one on scripture and just leave one for the other stuff?
xxxx
Reply 11
Religious Language Can **** Off!!!
Reply 12
in philosophy of religion 1 i want: cosmological arg., ontological arg., arg. from religious experience and sociology.

in philosophy of religion 2 i want: religious language, miracles and experience/scripture

i could do kant's moral arg./life after death, but they are not my strong points.

i am royally screwed if it is body/soul, teleological arg. or psychological challenges
Reply 13
I am so scared.
Reply 14
Clickabeth, I don't know... hopefully they won't put two of the same topic on cause they've got quite alot to choose from in terms of questions.

I want a question on Miracles, something to do with Hume
religious language but not including symbol and myth.
and then I'd be ok with life after death and body/soul/materialism/dualism.

I don't really want religious experience :s-smilie:

Also I could do scripture but it doesn't seem very meaty, not much to it except for propositional, non propositional, and then fundemental liberal and conservative interpretations and problems.

Ahh I dunno, I'm really scared too. I think I could do most topics but it depends how the questions worded, what the focus is on really.
Reply 15
so... who wants to join the club of people terrified over their philosophy exams tomorrow? i need at least a B in this to go to university. Otherwise its a job a tesco for me for a year until i can do my retakes. Just the thought of it is terrifying.
bleugh. Currently am learning the whole OCR syllabus as my teachers haven't really taught the five of us taking the exam over the last year. I'm hoping for Scripture and Body/Soul as I think I have a chance of blagging them... meh
Reply 17
I am not joking when I say you could put a three year old in the chair and he would do as well as me. I am relying on the art of bull****t1ng to get me through.
Reply 18
Aithne13
so... who wants to join the club of people terrified over their philosophy exams tomorrow? i need at least a B in this to go to university. Otherwise its a job a tesco for me for a year until i can do my retakes. Just the thought of it is terrifying.

Snap, but I work in Homebase.
I'm so worried!! There's only like 5 in our class and our teachers are rubbish so i'm pretty much teaching myself tonight!! I really want religious language, body and soul or life after death to some up! I guess miracles would be ok too, but i HATE revelation and i'm not too keen on religious experience... Is anyone else doing ethics too? I've got my fingers crossed for War peace and justice and free will and dterminism or conscience to come up!!

Latest

Trending

Trending