The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
crap u guys mentioned symbols etc for the myth question i just wrote so much about myth in general and how it reveals Gods nature and how it doesnt :s-smilie:
hdj
crap u guys mentioned symbols etc for the myth question i just wrote so much about myth in general and how it reveals Gods nature and how it doesnt :s-smilie:

You can compare myth with symbol but you don't have to. You are fine :wink:
Reply 62
lol phew.....
any predictions for mondays paper?
hdj
lol phew.....
any predictions for mondays paper?

Life after death and morality
Consicence or psyhcology
Free will/problem of evil (almost one of the two come up every year)
Reply 64
ahhh revising for this synoptic paper is annoying there is actually a ridiculous amount 2 memorise. and i dont get conscience i much rather have a question on life after death or religious and ethical lang and free will!
so basically with snyoptic we can write pretty much anything philosophical in relation the question so are examiners look for specific philosophers that we ought to mention?
Reply 65
what is the paper format? Is it two questions we have to do at 60 marks, or 3 at 40 marks? do we have any choice?
Reply 66
Hey everyone :smile:
Could someone let me know the basics of what youd write if a "life after death and morality" question came up please! lol (its more the ethics stuff to put in im not sure about)
xxxx
Reply 67
Aithne13
what is the paper format? Is it two questions we have to do at 60 marks, or 3 at 40 marks? do we have any choice?

we do 2 questions.
Reply 68
clickabeth
Hey everyone :smile:
Could someone let me know the basics of what youd write if a "life after death and morality" question came up please! lol (its more the ethics stuff to put in im not sure about)
xxxx

well what i would do is be sure to mention:
pascal - how life is a bet and we bet one way or another about behaving morally or not and mention his wager theory.
criticisms - made by kant about his catergorical imperative as pascals theory encourages people to perform the rights action for the wrong reasons and kant disagrees because it looks 2 consequences etc.

mention atheists how they dont believe in God but still behave morall.
craig - without life after death theres no point behaving morally.
hick - he agrees with craig and goes on about escahtological verification.

and ofcourse talk about hinduism and how its a consolation for innocent suffering etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending