The Student Room Group

Swimwear Thread :)

Inevitably there will loads of these in the coming months, as the prom dresses one ends this set starts lol.

I was reminded because I was going to make one for myself...anyway perhaps we can post kinds that we like to help people search for them and specific reccomendations.

Shops I would reccomend are:
LaSenza
Bravissimo

I like them to fit like bras because I have quite large boobs

My personal question is a reccomendation of nice ones in 32E, the above sites are letting me down (since i'm not made of money also lol)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Next do a few nice sized ones. I got a lovely sized tankini from Littlewoods too.
Reply 2
I love TK Maxx for swimwear. Last year I bought a Speedo bikini for £3 :biggrin:
Reply 3
yeah TK Maxx
last year i got a tomym hilfiger bikini £20 reduced from £80!
it was lovely but wore out so i need a new one now
This thread is useless without pictures...
Speedbird2008

perv. lol
I find surprisingly the supermarkets are quite good! My favourite new one this year so far came from Tesco and it's really really flattering (it's green and purple stripes). A few years ago when I was bigger (so I know they flatter lots of shapes and sizes) I had a really nice pink one from Sainsbury's which lasted me ages!
Reply 7
Matthewsimpson
perv. lol

like you werent thinking the same thing :p:

Speedbird2008

here ya go if you really want pictures speedbird http://www.swimsuitmodels.com/
I'm in love with 50's inspired swimwear at present. One pieces with dramatic shapes, and the slight ruffling detail which eludes summer to me!
Reply 9
Primark for range and cheapness, though not the most ethical of places :sad: I bought one from there and customised it.
I bought mine from warehouse.
Got a gorgeous Kelly Brook bikini top in the New Look sale for £2! It's absolutely beautiful. Got some random, plain bottoms to go with it (also £2) but will keep on looking for matching bottoms! Cheapest bikini EVER.

xx
Reply 12
next, can't beat it :biggrin:
Reply 13
Just had a look on ASOS and saw this bikini top I really like but it's too pricy for me, esp when it doesn't come with bottoms. Has anyone seen anything similar anywhere else for a cheaper price?
that style top is allover the place at the moment. topshop do some in plain colours for £8 I think. They also do a spotty one but not red and white polka dot if that's what you're looking for.
Reply 15
arpeggio
Just had a look on ASOS and saw this bikini top I really like but it's too pricy for me, esp when it doesn't come with bottoms. Has anyone seen anything similar anywhere else for a cheaper price?

Check out la senza..sure I saw some of those for £16
arpeggio

can you not just buy the top and then buy some plain white bottoms? i think that might even look better than the matching bottoms
Reply 17
Thanks I'll have a look :smile:

elziebelzie
can you not just buy the top and then buy some plain white bottoms? i think that might even look better than the matching bottoms

If I don't find anything better I might just do that :smile: It doesn't really need the matching bottoms anyway.
Reply 18
Hi

Anyone help me look for a perfect bikini?
I'm looking for a bikini that has:

* Boy pants
* A top that could possibly make boobs look bigger (I'm only a 34A!!)
* Not too expensive

Rep can be given for the most helpful post!!
Annaconda
like you werent thinking the same thing :p:

I wasn't actually :rolleyes: not really my thing :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest