The Student Room Group
You can write it in your reference, but yeah thats about it.
i failed on that i got negative marks :frown: :getmecoat

you will only be able to use it in your PS
nope, you can put it in your personal statement though
I suspect that you want to know whether it is worth anything in terms of the UCAS tariff. The answer is no.
tom_tom_tom
i failed on that i got negative marks :frown: :getmecoat

you will only be able to use it in your PS

liar! you cant get negative marks because even if you get every question wrong you will get 0
:p: my score was pretty poor tbh ^_^
what do you mean by "do you get UCAS"?

Well I mentioned it on my personal statement
Callipygian
liar! you cant get negative marks because even if you get every question wrong you will get 0

Well, if you get the later questions wrong they take marks off, it's to stop people guessing.
Callipygian

My teacher said i did, or was i may of well of got negative marks :redface:, wasnt it if you got some wrong u got -1/2 for everyone wrong :confused:
i got a gold somehow i swear i only answered answered like one question lol
tom_tom_tom
My teacher said i did, or was i may of well of got negative marks :redface:, wasnt it if you got some wrong u got -1/2 for everyone wrong :confused:

You start off with points though
http://www.wpr3.co.uk/UKMT/smc.html
start off with 25 points, 25 questions in total. and then 1 mark off for each incorrect question.
I've never done the Senior Maths Challenge, but I think it's different for the Intermediate one.
Callipygian
You start off with points though

Aww pheww i now look like less of an idiot :biggrin:
tom_tom_tom
Aww pheww i now look like less of an idiot :biggrin:
That probably explains why you did so badly.

That means you also managed to lose the 15 initial marks, So you had to lose at least 16 marks, instead of the 1 you would have needed starting at 0.

You look like more of an idiot:p:
Reply 15
ive got a gold every year i've done it and i'm pretty bad at maths to be perfectly frank :smile:
Charlybob
That probably explains why you did so badly.

That means you also managed to lose the 15 initial marks, So you had to lose at least 16 marks, instead of the 1 you would have needed starting at 0.

You look like more of an idiot:p:

Well you would say that your doing maths at uni.

im very bad at maths, its almost dire :frown:
Ucas points are crap for me anyway, no unis give a damn.

Latest

Trending

Trending