The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I did this recently for politis, dispite the advice on here and tbh it was horrible... but i actually knew some stuff for the exam. If you know very little its worth doing the exam tired to learn stuff, but if you know quitr a bit and are panicing, dont do it.
Reply 21
why don't you go to bed early and wake up early!
Reply 22
mdarwish01
why don't you go to bed early and wake up early!

I would, but during exam periods i find it takes me about 2-3 hours to get to sleep, which i feel would be better spent revising, and perhaps sleepping whne im knackered, around 5-7 in the morning maybe
Reply 23
do a all nighters, its rewarding especially when u revise some thing that comes up in the exams u always think "good thing i stayed up" but then again some people just cant do it. people are different
They better be because I'm pulling one tonight.
Why not just go to bed in the early hours of the morning? Between midnight and 2am..? Then you can get 5 hours sleep, at least!
ps7
ive personally never stayed up all night- but i know that if i didnt have sleep the night before an exam i'd be very stressed,tired and i woudl probably do worse in the exam
but its up to you

hey see you in september if all goes to plan :biggrin:
Reply 27
I wouldn't recommend it. Especially for economics - you need to have a clear head. It's a massive mistake to do it before an exam. And never ever do it before Further Maths.

But having said that, I stayed up all night on exam nights before English Lit, History A-levels and I got my highest As in these.
Reply 28
like some other people have said i also find it works well when i stay up to about 2 or 3. but i dont recommend doing it if you have quite a lot of exams in one day like you said you do. i did it for my french oral which was only 15 mins long and then for media which was 2 and a bit hours.
Works for me. Not an all nighter (although with the way my history revision is going i might need one) but working until the early hours, getting a 'power nap' and then getting up and to college early to try and calm myself and go over last minute stuff, aided with some Red Bull for breakfast. Not healthy but if there's stuff I don't know, cramming will get it in to my head short term, sleeping won't. Very disorganised and probably very unhealthy and I wouldn't reccomend it, but I do do it myself.
I stayed up until half 4 this morning as i had a maths exam at 9, seriously helped me! Although I did end up sleeping all day!
all you need is about a good 2-3 hours sleep so u could revise till like 3-4 den sleep den wake up it will help u.....
Reply 32
Get yourself some Ritalin.
Can't you pull one tonight/get up early tommorow and work all day tommorow? That way you'll get a decent nights sleep for Wednesday.

I stayed up till around 3 yesterday and got up at 6 and I did C1 and C2 today in the morning...I felt they went quite well, but at around 2/3pm this afternoon the tiredness hit so I wouldn't repeat this for a day where I have 6 hours of exams.

Or yeah, get up early Wednesday, wake up properly with coffee and a coooold shower and then go over your notes or do some last practice papers before the exam.
Reply 34
works for me :P I generally find just using the day before to cram the best option. You really can learn alot in a short amount of time, and if you understood it when you went through it in class, then it comes back to you almost straight away and all the pieces fit together, However, if you dont understand it at all, it takes alot of time. Take maths for example, after GCSE, I had to teach myself C1 and C2 using text books, it took a week or so.
Reply 35
the best thing to do is revise for a period of time before the exam, not only does it increase recall, but it also help relieve exam stress
Reply 36
All nighters just before the exam generally go very badly. They're okay for finishing coursework, but it's essential to be fresh when you actually take the exam.
Reply 37
Unfortunately I've had to have all nighters in the past but they weren't the day before the exam... the day before the day before. It worked but is very painful!! It's probably best to sleep well if you have an exam the following morning. This is unless your current level of knowledge is so low that being totally exhausted is preferable to taking the exam with your current knowledge.
Reply 38
I prefer going to bed around 11/12, and then getting up at 4/5am. :biggrin: The best way, IMO.
Reply 39
It's fantastic... works a treat for me.