The Student Room Group
Get off TSR
Reply 2
Hahah i'm on a 'break'...which i seem to have a lot of.
Reply 3
have less breaks :smile:
What I do, is every half an hour or so give myself 5 minutes to do something you enjoy, listen to a song or put on the radio or flick through a magazine. It seems to help me a lot for someone reason and I find it easier to concentrate after taking my mind of work for a few minutes.

Also set yourself short term goals e.g. to finish a chapter or topic in an hour. It will make the work more achievable.

Also allocate hour long breaks for tv programs etc. Then you have something to look forward to when you’re working, it seems to motivate me to get things done so that I can allow myself a small break.

You probably knew all this anyway, but hopefully it helps.
Reply 5
Haha so basically i'm just doing it all wrong!
Reply 6
-LornaDoone-
What I do, is every half an hour or so give myself 5 minutes to do something you enjoy, listen to a song or put on the radio or flick through a magazine. It seems to help me a lot for someone reason and I find it easier to concentrate after taking my mind of work for a few minutes.

Also set yourself short term goals e.g. to finish a chapter or topic in an hour. It will make the work more achievable.

Also allocate hour long breaks for tv programs etc. Then you have something to look forward to when you’re working, it seems to motivate me to get things done so that I can allow myself a small break.

You probably knew all this anyway, but hopefully it helps.

Thanks. Think i'm gonna try small breaks in between.. it's gonna be a long night. :eek:
Reply 7
i let myself have a 5 minute nap at 3.30 and woke up at 4.30 :frown: im not doing well at this. im gonna do worse than i did last year in unit 2 bio and doubt ill get my grade in env sci either! paniccccccccc.

edit: for spelling. damnit doubt ill even get written communication marks anymore at this rate!
grace_xo
Haha so basically i'm just doing it all wrong!

listn to the radio

maybe listening to music doesnt help study but listening to radio 1 helps me a lot
mainly because theres someone talking and they are like IN 20 MINUTES WERE HAVING STOPPAGE TIME
and this makes revision seem less of a chore

try it :biggrin:
Reply 9
I think the fact that i play a lot of sports keeps me motivated, in that i try to be the best in every thing but im sure this sort of thinking does not appeal to every one, i personally find it effective
Reply 10
Sarahl89
i let myself have a 5 minute nap at 3.30 and woke up at 4.30 :frown: im not doing well at this. im gonna do worse than i did last year in unit 2 bio and doubt ill get my grade in env sci either! paniccccccccc.

edit: for spelling. damnit doubt ill even get written communication marks anymore at this rate!

Ahh my 5 minute 'naps' always end up like an hour also!
So do my breaks...hm. I should really get off here.
Reply 11
I find you've got to really believe that the revision is effective in order to stay motivated.

Latest