The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have to get three essays to King's by Friday. This sounds possible, and yet from the vantage point of this computer desk where I am sitting right now, I can't see it happening. I haven't sent back the godforsaken SAQ either, and if I'm honest, I'm starting to panic quite seriously.
crazydaveuk
Crap!!! 0_o

I thought that the deadline for the (1) essay I have to send was the 10th, the same as my questionnaire.
But it turns out, after reading it all again, that they want the essay by the 8th, that's Monday! :eek:

This is now impossible for me.
I need to get a teacher to write on the cover-sheet, which can't happen before monday.
Sadly I didn't get (/make, *sigh*) the time to write new, relevant essays from scratch...
...So this is the latest essay I have that got an A+, but it's in another subject, bah.

I'm gonna ring Emmanuel tomorrow and ask if I can send the essay and the questionnare together.
Are the admissions /admin in on a Sunday? Bloody hope so.

phew! somebody who is in the same boat as me! I went to the post office yesterday but missed thier last collection so the earliest my written work is going to arrive is Tuesday and, with the reliability of the postal system, probably wont arrive 'till wednesday.
hope emmanuel aren't too anal about keeping to these dates...
Reply 22
No, they just ask you to send in one or two essays that show your best work- they generally want term time work, but a lot of people specially write essays on topics they enjoy, and relevant to their subject for Oxbridge.
Reply 23
I don't really have any good essays because I'm not doing essay subjects so I think I'm going to send in a couple of good English essays from last year. I may e-mail them and say I could send a Modern Studies essay too, it's just that I've only been doing that subject for a term and the essays are really just "write ten points and give some evidence then write a crappy conclusion".
They have to be marked right? Just I've got all last year's essays on PC and my teacher (who I no longer have) has all my marked final drafts for appeal purposes :frown:
Sent it all off this afternoon... after the minor panick of yesterday.

Luckily when I called them they said they didn't mind getting it tomorrow.
...and my email reply, in fact, says they wouldn't mind it on Wednesday.

So another chance to duly scupper myself is now avoided :smile:
Mmmmm.

Latest

Trending

Trending