The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1
Jay Mehta
What are the minumum AS Levels that u need 2 apply?

I know some1 who got an offer with 3Cs

Well that depends on what course...
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Accounting and Finance 3Bs (i want)
My mate appiled to biomedical science BBC
Reply 3
Jay Mehta
Accounting and Finance 3Bs (i want)
My mate appiled to biomedical science BBC

What were his predicted grades?

You don't 'need' any particular set of grades in order to apply. Nothing stops a person with a handful of Us applying:smile:. I would say that in order to maximise your chances, you would need AAA (obviously), but anything from CCC at AS (as long as your predictions are >BBB, or as long as you are able and willing to resit a few modules to raise your grades) should give you a decent enough chance.

But remember, it is quite hard to go UP by a grade or two in your A2 year- it is a lot easier to drop a grade. My advice would be to try your best to ace the AS year, so that you will have an easier A2 year.:smile:
Reply 4
I got BCCC at AS , i kniow poor.

But i was 7 off A in comp, and 2 off B in Maths.

Also, after i have re-sitted my AS modules in Jan can i contact Bham and would they re-consider me?
Reply 5
Jay Mehta
_______

Do you mean to say that you have already been rejected?

You CAN contact them in Feb/March when your results come out, but if they have already made a decision, it would be quite tough to make them reconsider you. There is no harm in trying though:smile:. There is alway next year, when you can apply with your grades in hand. Good luck!:smile:
Reply 6
Don't tell them your AS results in your UCAS form: You don't have to. I got an A for the subject I am applying for, but the others I don't like to brag about (BCC) so I didn't enter any as they would have realises I only achieved a good grade in one subject. Just pray that your predicted grades are acceptable and that you live up to your teachers' expectations.
Reply 7
If your college cashes in your AS results you have to put it on the form. But if like mine, they dont until you have a discussion with you, you can just put your A2 results are pending.
Reply 8
hey.. we need help

Latest

Trending

Trending