The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
same here...psychology is solid :frown: cant wait til these exams are over!
Reply 21
lol me neither, only 9 days for me =)
im gonna go and do some revision now, good luck for tomorow!
Reply 22
And you! let me know how it goes :biggrin:
xox
Reply 23
yeh i've been doing psychology too, jus gotta cram this sociology now..
wot im doing is completely ignoring class (unless its a little bit to do with workplace inequalities or poverty) 1. because i don't think it'll come up 2moz, and 2. because its massive!!
its by far the biggest topic to revise for out of class, gender, ethnicity, and poverty, agreed with by teachers.
ive been writing notes on evidence for D questions for each of the topics, but its taken me all day so far! so i think i'll scrap note taking for E questions and just practice writing essays that i can regurgitate in the exam lol.. however paying attention in classes and actually knowing ANYTHING about it would probably have helped me :rolleyes:

wots every1 else doin?
Reply 24
lol im kinda doing the same, ive prepared an e answer on marxism, gender & ethnicity
for d ive written notes and am just reading over them, il probs make some up aswel lol
Reply 25
im planning on revising most of the night, ive been at it all day, im determined to pass lol..its not til tomorrow afternoon right?
Reply 26
yeah its in the afternoon, me 2 i need to get a least a high B
Reply 27
Im aiming for an A, ive looked over gender, marxism and income inequality so far. its gonna be a looooooong night
Reply 28
is marxism likely to come up then? for ethnicity/class...???
Reply 29
I have no idea really...my teacher gave me so many predictions...does anyone else have any predictions as to what is going to come up or what to mainly focus on?
Reply 30
my teacher said changing class structure and ethnic disadvantage/racism. but everyone else on here seems to be saying gender and NOT class lol so i relly dont know what to revise. probably should have started alot earlier but was worried about psychology.
Reply 31
ok so basically gender, ethinicity and class...so basically the whole of the sociology syllabus :frown:
Reply 32
yep basically!! lol. i really need to get a B overall as well to get into uni :frown:
Reply 33
Ugh...well gender came up in january apparently..but it might come up again. ive only looked about gender in the workplace so far :s-smilie: im gonna concentrate on ethnicity now. i wish i started revising earlier :frown:
Reply 34
me too i think i might stay up late haha..hopefully wont be too tired tomorrow.
Reply 35
haha im gonna try stay up most of the night and probably just have a few hours in the morning then. theres just SO MUCH to go over
Reply 36
i know its a stupid amount really.
btw have you done a plan for ethnicity yet? what points/theories have you got in it? everyone has new right and postmodernist but i didnt get taught them?/
Reply 37
well im looking through my notes from my lecturer now and its included notes on everything. im also using this site http://www.sociology.org.uk/steth.pdf someone on here gave me.ill read through my notes and post some points on here if you like. i havent looked at them yet.
Reply 38
oh yes please. thanks for that website aswell i'll have a loo once i've finished revising bloody gender. cant wait til tomorow is over no more exams yay
another person staying up all night here! ugh, I've completely neglected sociology this year and focused way too much on ethics and english, mainly because I need AAA and sociology is my fourth subject... there's no way I'm getting an A in it, so I just kind of decided to concentrate on pulling up my other grades instead :frown: I really don't get on with my teacher either, who is scarily useless and barely taught us anything, so I pretty much stopped going to lessons after christmas in protest. I completely regret it now though. I don't want to fail this subject completely, especially when I enjoyed it and did quite well in it at AS!

I already think I've failed my crime & deviance paper though. Any tips on how I could possibly salvage this and get a D or a C in this paper? Tips as in, most important things to look at, I mean - do you think there are any less crucial bits that I can just gloss over? I know disturbingly little and am attempting to read the textbook chapter/teach myself the unit in a night. Ridiculous, I know... but any help would be amazing.

Latest

Trending

Trending