The Student Room Group

Hair salon for men in Leicester?

Anyone got any recommendations? I've always gone to a barber, but made a visit to a local salon a few months ago for the first time, and although I paid £25 (normally £3 at barber) after I washed my hair it looked pretty much the same as the barber would have cut it..

So time I get it sorted... Any recommendations?

Thanks
My boyfriend always goes to Gents on Welford road, about 100m from New Road Inn, costs about £9.
Reply 2
little_green
My boyfriend always goes to Gents on Welford road, about 100m from New Road Inn, costs about £9.

I might check them out today, that's about 30 secs from my house.
Reply 3
Tomber
I might check them out today, that's about 30 secs from my house.

Did you check it by any chance? How was it?
Reply 4
Anyone got any recommendations? The minimum I'd pay at my local salon is £32 - called them today! :frown:
Reply 5
KnightRider
Did you check it by any chance? How was it?

Tried today. They were too busy, and said there would be a 45 mins wait so I went to the bloke on Clarendon Park Road, he's really good and it cost me £7.50 :smile:
Reply 6
Tomber
Tried today. They were too busy, and said there would be a 45 mins wait so I went to the bloke on Clarendon Park Road, he's really good and it cost me £7.50 :smile:

Thing is I was looking for a place where the guy could kind off look at my hair and tell me a style that would suit me and then do it, as I have no idea really..

Any ideas? In Oadby/Stoneygate area?
Reply 7
KnightRider
Thing is I was looking for a place where the guy could kind off look at my hair and tell me a style that would suit me and then do it, as I have no idea really..

Any ideas? In Oadby/Stoneygate area?

what you described is a good barber, ask friends or men you see with good haircuts where they went. tell the barber to give you a short or long cut which would look good for your face shape, if they use some wax or something which you like ask to buy it. the main problem is finding a good barber in the first place.

http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/board/

join the site and post a pic then a real barber will tell you the best haircut for your face shape and give you a picture to take with you to a barber.

Latest