The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

why do u keep posting links
Reply 21
I hated it :frown:
I really need to do well on map skills cos I think I probably got a C on this paper, and although my coursework was good (dont know exactly but I'm guessing A) I reallly want at least a B overall, preferably an A but thats not going to happen now :frown:
Reply 22
Question 1: Rivers
Question 3:Population
Question 6: Farming & Agriculture
Question 8: Global Warming

I think Geography was okay to be honest, it wasn't hard yet not ridculous easy! the only question i had to think a about where someone of the river questions. besides that it was okay. alot of people in my class found it hard
Reply 23
d123
I hated it :frown:
I really need to do well on map skills cos I think I probably got a C on this paper, and although my coursework was good (dont know exactly but I'm guessing A) I reallly want at least a B overall, preferably an A but thats not going to happen now :frown:

Have faith in yourself!
In my mocks, I thought I totally mucked my geography exams up and ended up with A* (when I too thought I got "B"s, and "C"s).XD
And after, the grade boundaries for Geography are ridiculously low, something like 75% for an A* last year (no wonder I passed!XD)!
Reply 24
The grade boundaries for last year were:
A - 52/80 65%
B - 43/80 54%
C - 35/80 44%
D - 24/80 30%

From OCR website (Examiners Report), not sure why there's no A* in the table...
Reply 25
~Hazzle*
The grade boundaries for last year were:
A - 52/80 65%
B - 43/80 54%
C - 35/80 44%
D - 24/80 30%

From OCR website (Examiners Report), not sure why there's no A* in the table...

ooh thats reassuring.
I'd imagine A* would be 75% ish then
Reply 26
anybody know how to reivse for the mapwork?
i dont want to let that paper conpromise my grade :s-smilie:
x
Reply 27
I did:

the first question was sillyness as was the farming question!!
i think i did ok, apart from maybe 1 or 2 questions i might lose a couple of marks

for question 2 the features were a stack and arch right?
neomilan
I did:

i think i did ok, apart from maybe 1 or 2 questions i might lose a couple of marks

Yep that's what i got :wink:
neomilan
I did:

I put cave and stack, am probably wrong lol
btw for the coasts first question what was the hole in the rock... i put corridoor. i had not looked at that...
nuttygirl
I put cave and stack, am probably wrong lol

Ha..an arch is when you can see light through it. A cave is a dead end....:wink:

^ Arch clearly...I'm just annoyed i didnt do that question and did the harder rivers one....
Reply 32
rivers question was so confusing, thank god i didn't do it

and the 7 mark question for coasts was so basic
Reply 33
I thought rivers looked complicated at first but wasn't too bad when you looked at it properly, I hadn't revised coasts anyway because it's my worst topic. What was the mid mark (approx. 5 marks) questions about on coasts (I didn't really look at it)?
Reply 34
The seven mark question for rivers was great, I thought coasts looked impossible!
Reply 35
The first question was arch and stack i think :smile:

I struggled with using the source to give evidence of erosion or whatever it was??
joe44

I struggled with using the source to give evidence of erosion or whatever it was??

I struggled with that. I put that there was a modernish house on the edge which wouldnt have been built close to the edge. That the cliff face was jagged and uneven and that there were large stone son the beach so attempts were being made to stop the erosion :confused: doubt I got any marks. What did you put?
joe44

Yeah i struggled with that too. I put the same as the person above about the buildings wouldn't have originally been built that close. And i also wrote that there was gabions (that netting with pebbles thing) on the vertical cliff. Had no other ideas for that one!!
Reply 38
moody28028
I struggled with that. I put that there was a modernish house on the edge which wouldnt have been built close to the edge. That the cliff face was jagged and uneven and that there were large stone son the beach so attempts were being made to stop the erosion :confused: doubt I got any marks. What did you put?

Yeah, houses close to the cliff face; councils wouldn't build houses that close.

Jagged clifffs (rotational cliff slumping)

And i thought the rocks at the bottom of the cliff was rubble that had fallen, but youre probaly right about it being some sort of coastal defense.
Reply 39
Hi all, I'm new here, woo.

I found this exam really hard. I really hope that I got at least an A; I was predicted an A*. Amazingly I managed to get 100% in my coursework so I'd better do VERY well in the skills paper next week to pull myself up.

Aargh. I really really really want an A* in geography!

Latest