The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stephen51
Without meaning to sound too negative, I don't think you can pass at all. That's beacuse you've missed out on part of the course, which instantly means a U. It's like if you don't do the coursework, even if it only counts for 10%, you still can't get above a U cos you havn't completed the course. (Though let's hope I'm mistaken).
Sorry

I think you are mistaken. I mean if I missed out Section A (Map Skills) in my Geography exam today I'd still be awarded a grade, even though I could well have missed out on part of the course (map skills).
Reply 41
electriic_ink
I think you are mistaken. I mean if I missed out Section A (Map Skills) in my Geography exam today I'd still be awarded a grade, even though I could well have missed out on part of the course (map skills).

I see your point. I may just be thinking about coursework then because I know that you cannot pass without doing all the coursework.
Reply 42
wow...

did the school not call you, your parents your next of kin any of your family

they should have come beating down on your door

the one time this happened to someone, not in my year but someone else i know, the exams officer in their school drove 15 minuites to their house, beat on the door and the boy had to go to school, he got there 45 minuites late with the rest of his year waiting for him!!!!
SmellyCat16
if you miss an exam can't you just bull**** and say you were really ill on the day so therefore they will just take your mock mark into consideration:smile:

not really. they do a full investigation into this, through hospitals, doctors, the school. then there is a big meeting with the exam board, school governers, the child in question, head teacher, child's parents and the school representatives (if the school has one). so it is too much of a kafuffle for the school to lie and there will be no medical records to back up what the candidate is saying.
Stephen51
I see your point. I may just be thinking about coursework then because I know that you cannot pass without doing all the coursework.

'ooer! didn't realise my trousers were so tight!

sorry lol
When I did my GCSE's, a guy missed his second maths paper. He had an A* in his coursework and the paper he'd already sat, however because he didn't complete the course (i.e. sit the last paper) he got a U. He started maths A Level in Sept and resat the GCSE in November though.
Actually.. My friend missed an English exam because she had the days confused and still managed to get a C overall at gcse.
Reply 47
neomilan
wow...

did the school not call you, your parents your next of kin any of your family

they should have come beating down on your door

the one time this happened to someone, not in my year but someone else i know, the exams officer in their school drove 15 minuites to their house, beat on the door and the boy had to go to school, he got there 45 minuites late with the rest of his year waiting for him!!!!

Apparently somebody in my brother's year was forced to go in their pyjamas cos his head of year couldn't be bothered to wait for him to get changed:smile:
haaa. I've heard of stories like this.
Reply 49
yeah, im not sure either on whether you can still pass or what or not, but next year yo can resubmit the same coursework you used this year and resit the exams in (i think) november :smile:

ps...you are a total IDIOT by the way :x...sorry, but that is incredibly stupid >.<
neomilan
Wow...

Did the school not call you, your parents your next of kin any of your family?

They should have come beating down on your door.

The one time this happened to someone, not in my year but someone else I know, the exams' officer in his school drove 15 minutes to his house, beat on the door and the boy had to go to school; he got there 45 minutes late with the rest of his year waiting for him!

neomilan's sig

"I, for one, support good grammar"

Practise what you preach or preach what you practise. Hypocrite :rolleyes: :smile:
Reply 51
It depends on what you want in English mate.

I mean, A/B coursework and say an A/B exam worth 30%, missing another exam worth the final 30% will leave you around the E-D borderline!!

I doubt you&#8217;ll be able to get a C with the standard you discuss, as you&#8217;d need pretty much all A* coursework and an A* exam or a high A in the exam at the least to get a C overall.

So if your grade bothers you and I suspect it will, enter for the November exam. The coursework should still have its shelf life and maybe you can improve it!

Just don&#8217;t make the same mistake in a few months, or nobody will help you! :p:
but how did you miss it?
valentine_strongrod
but how did you miss it?

He said.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=12678266#post12678266
Reply 54
A bit silly really. Surely everyone checks and double-checks their exam times? I know I'm in school at 8, even if the exam's at 2, just in case I've made a mistake. You can't blame anyone other than yourself tbh.
Reply 55
electriic_ink
Assuming you'll get full marks on P2 and the maximum mark for the coursework grade boundaries you gave us, this is how your exam scores are looking:

Giving you a overall percentage of 67%. The boundary for Grade B is exactly 67% and the Grade C boundary is 58%. So you can still get a C...

* Based on 6/2007 exam

http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-BOUND-JUN07.PDF

Our school bull****s us sooo much. We're told like 75ish% is B and A is 85%ish and A* is 92%!
westlake
Our school bull****s us sooo much. We're told like 75ish% is B and A is 85%ish and A* is 92%!

It's so you think it's hard so you work a lot and do better than you're predicted...
Reply 57
OMG :eek:
i bet u would be entitled to a resit
well at least u should :p:
QED
A bit silly really. Surely everyone checks and double-checks their exam times? I know I'm in school at 8, even if the exam's at 2, just in case I've made a mistake. You can't blame anyone other than yourself tbh.

some people aren't alowed though. i mean our school for example won't allow anyone taking the exam into school (now that we are on 'study leave') until 30 minutes before the exam, unless they have a genuine reason. like they need to see the teacher for something.
SpiritedAway
some people aren't alowed though. i mean our school for example won't allow anyone taking the exam into school (now that we are on 'study leave') until 30 minutes before the exam, unless they have a genuine reason. like they need to see the teacher for something.

won't they allow you go to the library and revise?

Latest