The Student Room Group
Happened to our A-level lot a while back, they had to come outside and had about 20 teachers on them and were not allowed to speak a word.
I guess they just got the time added on.
Why, planning on setting it off? :wink:
Reply 3
RoadWarrior
Why, planning on setting it off? :wink:

You discovered my cunning plan! No, lol, just wondering.
That happened during my geog GCSE two years ago...the teachers desperately told everyone to stop talking when everyone got sent outside...everyone was talking so they decided not to let anyone finish their exam (there were five minutes left)

Was quite surreal actually
Reply 5
They very often have plans in place for everyone to remain in their seats if there's clearly no danger. It's always a good thing though as they massively overcompensate with added time at the end, given that you can think about the questions during the alarm anyway!

But I don't need to remind you that intentionally tampering with a fire alarm or setting one off without good reason is a criminal offence. So is arson. :wink:
Reply 6
Fire alarm has gone off a few times during my exams, we all leave the hall and get told not to talk about the exam. Extra time gets added at the end.
Reply 7
Happened in my English Lang GCSE paper and they just told us to work through it. It was horrible though. The fire alarm lasted for about 10 minutes but once it'd finished and they added the time back on my ears were ringing and I could still hear the alarm in my head.

Yeah.
Stupid thing to do...
I think you have to file out of the hall and then stand in the fire safety area with at least 2 Meters between you and the candidate infront.
If you speak a word, you automatically get disqualified.

Obviously, if there is a raging fire and your exam is affected then you'd either get marks added to your paper to make it fair, or you'd be awarded with your predicted grade.
Reply 9
The fire bell went off in the middle of the history exam on tuesday. The head of history yelled that everyone had to stay seated and carry on, despite the racket of the bell. It went on for ten minutes, and everyone only got 5 extra minutes. It turned out a yr 9 kid set it off for a dare.

The fire bell also went off during the language orals. Everyone who was preparing their role plays had to sit in isolation on the field with the invigilators.
happend to me in history last year. we just had to sit there
Reply 11
In my first exam (German), we were told if we hear the firebell, we keep on working, unless otherwise told.

I was like :s-smilie:
lights went out quite randomly in the middle of the geography exam today. all the invigilators rushed out to sort it and everyone just carried on - could have been quite a good opportunity if one wanted to cheat come to think of it....
Reply 13
the fire alarm went off in my rs gcse couple weks ago.
if wed of gone to the park where we queue to be counted then we would of all been cancelled..
ii thought it was brill cos the paper was not that gd anyway, but it ended up that we sat there through it for 12 mins, so we got 12 extra mins, plus we worked with the fire alarm on so we got longer.

Latest