The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
im confuzzled :s-smilie: and its not good
Reply 41
malaz, why didnt you want to go to Cardiff?
Reply 42
crazyhelicopter
Show off :wink:

Not at all... It's not about who you are (or think you are :wink: ), but the random contacts you have and making the most of them...
Reply 43
Fluffy
the random contacts you have and making the most of them...
why hello fluffy :wink:

can you change your facebook profile picture please. it pains me.
Reply 44
LOOOOOOL (VL)

Whassit worth :wink:
Reply 45
pretty pleeeeeease :puppyeyes:

I wont like you anymore if you dont :p:
Reply 46
:tongue: I need to select a new one then, and that will take a certain degree of soberness I do not posses at present - I'll change it tomorrow... promise!

xxx
Reply 47
well you didnt put much thought into this one :hmmm:

i mean... cheers m'dears :biggrin:
Reply 48
Saffie
malaz, why didnt you want to go to Cardiff?

i didnt wanna stay in Wales, i want something new. hence im scared that the novelty of London would ware off so quick and i would want to go back :|
in the back of my mind, i have a feeling that NHS in London has more experience and variaty to offer although Heath Park is the 3rd largest hospital in the UK. thats all, i dont have anything else against it.

i wish i didnt have the choice. :confused:
Reply 49
its funny how fluffy is openly announcing she is drunk. it was a thursday night, fluff?
Reply 50
She should have been drunk the night before too. :wink:
Reply 51
malaz_197
i didnt wanna stay in Wales:
i hoped it'd be something about the course :p:

indeed this thursday drinking is a bit strange... it's all about wednesdays, fridays, and sundays. :yeah:
Reply 52
Saffie
i hoped it'd be something about the course :tongue:

naaaah, change off scenery thats all! my parents are betting i'll run out of money in london by january hmmm :s-smilie:
to renal, fluffy..... and the rest of the Barts lot. Hopefully, I shall be joining Barts in September. The only thing that is putting me off is this inherent daft attitude towrds QMers. I don't wanna accuse anyone of being the typical medstudent, but what is this relationship with QM about. Have you been like attacked by a mob of them as you were walking to the campus, even though you are at Whitechapel. Surely, having a big university at your doorstep should be a positive thing, but it seems you want to be completely dissociated from them. i sense a bit of medstudent arogance , but please change my mind or if not, explain to me why this unhealthy attitude exists. thanks.
Reply 54
^^ ditto
Reply 55
It's no different to the varsity rivalry between other places: Cardiff/Swansea; Oxford/Cambridge; the rivalry between Manchester and UMIST (which still exists after merging!)...

It's all a 'bit of fun' with undertones of less fun (left over from the Merger). Incidentally, you will hear KCL medics being less than complementary about Strand Poly (especially since Strand Poly raped them of their own identity a few years back), and you occasionally hear grumbles from RUMS about UCL - especially as parental institutions take away more and more of a medical schools autonomy, character and identity. (If you want to understand more about this, read the 1995 white paper "making London better", and resultant responses).

Our rivallry with QM is played out on the sports field (at merger cup time), at RAG and other events. Most of us "BL'ers" on here have QM friends, in my year, several of the graduates on the 5 year course and on the GEP have QM degrees...

I was first introduced to the rivalry when I went to the student bar at Mile End with a few of my friends after a practical class back in year 1. We were chatting to some students at the next table, who were lovely until they asked "so what course are you doing?" then THEY became incredibly hostile. Turns out they were crayon munchers (Geography students).

So 'hate' them, yes. If one of them were in trouble, would we help, without a doubt.
Reply 56
malaz_197
its funny how fluffy is openly announcing she is drunk. it was a thursday night, fluff?

Not drunk, squiffy... Went out for dinner and then to the theatre, then to the pub with some friends... Thursday has been the new Friday for sometime - especially when you live in The City - the suited morons come out to play on a Friday... :wink:
Reply 57
Did you leave him at home?

:p:
Reply 58
optimist101
to renal, fluffy...
*shrug*
Reply 59
PS - in a months time, 75% of Renals housemates will hold a QM degree.... Shhhhhh :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending