The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Lol. It's okay, I can talk to myself. :wink:
Reply 61
...and do, on a regular basis :wink: :biggrin:
optimist101
to renal, fluffy..... and the rest of the Barts lot. Hopefully, I shall be joining Barts in September. The only thing that is putting me off is this inherent daft attitude towrds QMers. I don't wanna accuse anyone of being the typical medstudent, but what is this relationship with QM about. Have you been like attacked by a mob of them as you were walking to the campus, even though you are at Whitechapel. Surely, having a big university at your doorstep should be a positive thing, but it seems you want to be completely dissociated from them. i sense a bit of medstudent arogance , but please change my mind or if not, explain to me why this unhealthy attitude exists. thanks.
Personally I have a problem with the way QM (the university) treat the medics, the administration is shocking and they tried to close our union.

Also with the attitude of QMers (the students) to us- as soon as you say your a medic they treat you like ****e.

Mostly it's friendly banter on sports pitches, which I think is fairly healthy. But I will defend until my last breath the heritage and history that goes before me as a BL student and as a result I am a student of Barts and the London Medical School and no one will ever take that from me!!:proud:
Fluffy
PS - in a months time, 75% of Renals housemates will hold a QM degree.... Shhhhhh :wink:
you're a mean mean lady! My degree will be from the University of London not sodding QM!
Reply 64
This discussion makes me feel dirteh, I feel the overpowering urge to piss in a fountain.
Reply 65
crazyhelicopter
you're a mean mean lady! My degree will be from the University of London not sodding QM!

Read the small print.... Whahahahahahhhaaaaa hhaaaaa aaaaa erm... ...arsch!

Oh well - everyone now defo knows the identity of the crazy (hehehe) lady who puts up with the Renal one :wink:
Reply 66
crazyhelicopter
But I will defend until my last breath the heritage and history that goes before me as a BL student and as a result I am a student of Barts and the London Medical School and no one will ever take that from me!!:proud:

Amen to that, Lady!
Reply 67
most people aren't as crazily in love with the medical school.

and most of us couldnt give a damn about QMers. However it's annoying when people call us "Queen Marys medical school" because it negates all our history and its just rude to get our name wrong. And it happens so often as well, especially on TSR.

The bad feeling is generally stronger from the QM side but it's not like we cross paths often.
I never went to BL, but when I visited St G I wasn't too keen tbh!
Reply 69
I agree with the above, its the university itself that tends to be the problem. But then, every QM student I know hates the admin of QM, its as badly run as a badly run thing. Barts tends to keep track of its own stuff, which tends to be a bit easier as its smaller and people's careers there are much longer. I've said it before, but Barts is really like a little village, everyone knows everyone else and you can't get away with anything but that means you get better support there than most of my friends seem to elsewhere.
seems it comes down to friendly rivalry. hopefully, i can also be the judge of that if i make it to medschool next year.
OMG I was around whitechapel recently - first thing out the station - kids being stopped for a S44 (Terrorism act for those who don't know) search.

See the Royal London for the first time since doing work experience there 2 years ago.

Get back 3 hours later after visiting a mate to the station - 10 police vans, dogs everywhere, lots of dodgy looking characters.

What a tip. :p:

Hehehe.

Latest

Trending

Trending