The Student Room Group

A2 Law non-fatal offences against the person

I have been revising non fatal offences, and there seems to be loads of info on how the current law is unsatisfactory and in need of reform. But I noticed in previous years the question has been - discuss how this law is satisfactory and not in need of reform... I'm clueless! It seems outdated, confusing etc - what are the positives?
Reply 1
magicbean
I have been revising non fatal offences, and there seems to be loads of info on how the current law is unsatisfactory and in need of reform. But I noticed in previous years the question has been - discuss how this law is satisfactory and not in need of reform... I'm clueless! It seems outdated, confusing etc - what are the positives?

We had this last year.. Basically if it asks you to criticise the exam then do that, if it asks you to say why it is satisfactory then say its not!! lol

Thats what we got taught to do, also if Im right the question will only be worth about 20marks, and so you only have to make about3 or 4 decent points and then talk about it and give a good evaluation.. probably have to write around 2 - 2n1/2 pages
Reply 2
there has been reports by the Law Commission on the OAPA and reform...try find some of them and you'll be sorted...basically say how interpretation has been used to alter the meaning of some crimes (e.g. unlawful vs consent: R v Brown, R v Wilson)
Reply 3
We were told at A Level that if you argue the law is unsatisfactory say how potential reform would improve it etc. Don't need to focus the question on it but maybe spend an extra paragraph.

Hope this helps
Hey I appreciate that this was some years ago but i'm doing this at undergrad level, I found this playlist on youtube really helpful, it's very comprehensive for A level and is pretty good for degree level revision as well. hope it helps others to
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...g9c6vyTWB_2yJh

Quick Reply

Latest