The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Anyone have it?
I did crap. We hadn't covered either of the questions in class...my teacher is ****.
I had it - worst exam ever :P Decided to do the ethnicity question, luckily I sat it in January and got a C so isn't too disastrous!
Reply 3
cookieforyou
I had it - worst exam ever :P Decided to do the ethnicity question, luckily I sat it in January and got a C so isn't too disastrous!

It was horrible! I don't think i've done HORRENDOUS, but I think it was the worst combination of questions possible.
I did ethnicity too. What did you write about?
Reply 4
i did ethnicity as well, i had a model answer ready for it so i was quite happy!
Crystaltears
It was horrible! I don't think i've done HORRENDOUS, but I think it was the worst combination of questions possible.
I did ethnicity too. What did you write about?

Eek I can't even remember, I hadn't revised the media question, and had only briefly read over ethnicity! Think I rambled on about Gilroy and Lea and Young a fair bit, and mentioned Phillips and Bowling too.
Reply 6
cookieforyou
Eek I can't even remember, I hadn't revised the media question, and had only briefly read over ethnicity! Think I rambled on about Gilroy and Lea and Young a fair bit, and mentioned Phillips and Bowling too.

I've heard of them from reading my Sociology textbook in a biology lesson, but I couldn't remember what they said, so I just rambled on about being stopped and searched more and stuff.
Sounds like you will have done ok :smile:
Reply 7
cookieforyou

yeahhh i talked about young's and gilroy argument and bowling and Phillips + wrote about what stats and self-report, victimization and stats show !!!!
:yep: :rolleyes: but i cannot believe they put the social control question ( right realism ) in the paper again as it was in the jan paper thax god i revised functionalism and ethnicity social control was the only topic I had not revised
Reply 8
I was so confused with the ethnicity question, just wrote a little about Cicourel, Lea and Young, Islamophobia, rastafarianism before I went on to talk about gender related theories(feminists), class based theories(marxists), physiological based theories(Lombrosso) as criticisms of ethnicity-crime relationships....