H Music

H Computing

Int2 Maths

Int2 English

I have chosen my subject for next year and these include:

H English

ADV H Business Management

Crash H Religious Moral & Philosophical Studies

Placement and Strathclyde University doing Business Enterprise.

i was just wondering how good/bad H RMPS will be or what other easy Higher i could take in its place?

Reply 1
I wouldn't say its an easy higher! - But if you put in the work, you should find it reasonably easy.

I really enjoyed it, even with the Standard Grade & Int2, I found it difficult... particularly the Science & Religion section. Pluuus, if you do Buddhism, there's like soooo many things to learn.

Discussion is pretty important in the course, you have to be able to back up any point you make... and it really helps with essays and stuff to quote a lot!
There's quite a lot of essay writing.

I don't want to put you off.... I really loved it, well most of it...

tbh, if you're not really interested in it... i wouldn't take it.
Reply 2
thanks if i find it too hard ill just drop it and pick something else
Reply 3
rmps isnt an easy higher lol. At my school to do it you needed higher english, because of all the writing involved, if its business you want to do i dont see rmps benefiting you hugely, at my school they recommended it for people wanting to do law and medicine, because of all the morality content. Maybe a more businessy subject?
Reply 4
I am in 6th year and chose Crash Higher RMPS! :O i dont think it will be eas, but if you are committed to learnin the stuff. its a very respected qualification!

best of luck!!
Reply 5
thanks for the replys i was just wondering tho , how much do universities look at this subject for example say over chemistry or administration physics etc? ?
Reply 6
i went for a uni interview for sciences, and the guy didnt have a clue what rmps was then when i explained he just laughed at it.
Reply 7
RMPS has been made a lot easier than it used to be. It's much more like the Standard Grade now, with questions instead of longer essays. It doesn't really matter what subjects you take (unless the university specifically state what they want) as long as you get the grades.
Reply 8
I am crashing(as our school doesn't do it at any other level) this in the coming year as i have took it to fill up a column as until after the summer we have to take 5 subjects and this was the best in the column that i hadn't already done.Is there a lot of work involved like essays etc?And what about when it comes to debating about things as that is not a strong point of mine?After the summer i sholud be allowed to drop i subject and hopefully i am taking Advance Higher Biology and Chemistry and Int2 physics.I can't decide whether to drop RMPS or modern.I know modern is alot of work and the sciences will take a lot of work and they are my main concern so i don't wanta subjects that may take over and im not that interested in politics which makes me not to keen on it.I want to be a vet and one of my teachers mentioned i should find out what is more to do with ethics and that as this may be the better of the 2. Any advice would be appreciated i have to the summer to decide but i don't want to leave it to last minute to decide.

Latest

Trending

Trending