The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

So how often do insurance choices get into halls?

Looking at all the stuff they've sent, apparently the only way to guarantee getting into the halls is to have it as your firm.

I was just wondering, since I've put it as my insurance, do most people who end up there with it as their insurance get into halls? Because I'd feel like I was really missing out something if I had to get seperate accomadation somewhere else just because it was my insurance :frown:
Reply 1
Last year they messed up on campus on housing, however this year they put lots of limits on continuing students so there is enough room for 1st years
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Yup, this year there is far more liklihood of getting onto campus, but even if you don't, I think LUSU gives you a lot of help finding a place to live, and the people I know who have ended up off campus have loved it just as much, and haven't felt like they were missing out. In fact, they are all opting to live off campus next year too.
Reply 3
LUSU (the Students Union) have their own Property Management department called Lusu Housing, they manage properties all around lancaster and generally, if the uni can't find you accommodation on campus - they will give u something off campus (rates are £65 per week inc all bills and internet/phone).

I was one of the casualties of last years housing crisis and i had lancaster as my firm, but still got put in off campus housing (i did change course though, so thats why) - and i love it. Im staying off campus next year as well and a lot of friends from on-campus are moving off for 2nd year. YOu dont miss out on much at all and if anything gives you more independence.

Although, the situation is nowhere near as bad this year so you should get accommodation fine.

D.
Reply 4
Danny, you're situation was a bit different. Firm choices get priority, then insurance the clearing. Freshers won't be in town this year.
Reply 5
Danny you so crazy...
Reply 6
Lancaster was my insurance choice and I got shoved off campus because of the Grizedale accomodation cock up. However, I actually think living off campus was the best thing for me, you have much more freedom in terms of going out, cheaper rent, bigger rooms, and unmonitored Internet :smile:! Everything is within tits reach as well in town. Although, I suppose it does depend where about in town you get shoved.

Next year though, pretty much all first years will be guaranteed on campus accomodation.
Reply 7
I'm off campus next year as I want to experience living independently in a house. I'm starting to worry about two of my house mates because they've done no work all year and might fail this year, what happens if they get chucked out? Where do I stand in terms of the two free rooms? Do I have to look for other people or does LUSU do it for me?
Reply 8
Is it a LUSU house?

I think your best bet is to go and see them. If your contracts are separate then you should be okay, but I wouldn't know as I'm a lazy 'three years on campus' kinda girl xx
Reply 9
As far as I know, LUSU will replace the person for you. At least that is what has happened/happening with us.

Latest

Trending

Trending