The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i thought it went really well but i have just realised that on the letter i put the newspapers address on the right and mine on the left and is'nt it supose to be the other way round? How many marks would i loose for this?
Nyghtshade
Incidentally, how much were we supposed to write for the section A stuffesh?

I did about a page for each one, on average.

Then I did 1 1/2 pages for B1, and 2 pages for B2.
Meelz
i thought it went really well but i have just realised that on the letter i put the newspapers address on the right and mine on the left and is'nt it supose to be the other way round? How many marks would i loose for this?

i doubt the examiner will even notice, but even if they do i doubt it will make much difference. you may lose 1 mark but probz none at all.
i didn't know what to call the newspapers address so i addressed it to the "daily mail headquarters" lol
Reply 43
i wrote dear editor
and for the address i wrote
the Observor
London Road
London
Pobox 12y
you didint actually have to include adressss :P:P
you just had to start it with dead
and then end it
your sincerely /fiathfully
you need all teh adresse and adress ect.

its not a business exmas
I just wrote "Dear The Editor, "
Reply 46
I wrote Dear Sir/Madame////
yh same
but some people put in an adress and everyhting
:s-smilie:
weird
Reply 48
Reply 49
riotsandraves
yh same
but some people put in an adress and everyhting
:s-smilie:
weird

that's just what our teacher told us to do when we did practises ect
my teacher told us to lay everything out properly to gain full marks for presentation, and to show the examiner u have clear sense of the form.....
so for the letter i layed it out as a formal letter, and for the newspaper article i wrote it in two collumns and i wrote the heading in a big bold font... i also drew two plain boxes and wrote inside them what the pictures would be.......
but i wouldn't have thought it would affect ur mark that much anyway
Reply 51
I can't believe some people wrote so much for each question in section A, our teacher told us half page to a page is enough :eek:, I wrote about that in the mock and got an A so it can't be much more for an A*, i.e. five points with explanations for the ten marks.
~Hazzle*
I can't believe some people wrote so much for each question in section A, our teacher told us half page to a page is enough :eek:, i.e. five points with explanations for the ten marks.

lol don't worry, i only wrote about half a page for each question cuz i mucked up :smile: i spent just under half an hour answering the section A questions but then realized i was answering them with the wrong article! i'm not even joking. i had to cross it out and then basically start all over again so i was really pushed for time! :frown:
Reply 53
I know, I read the article thinking.. wait there's no mention of Edward Enfield's son Harry..? Then it said, read the article 'Kevin the teenager' in the resource folder.. doh!
I spent too long on section A, there was nothing to talk about seriously.
Reply 54
How much did people write for the article i formatted it like a newspaper and wrote
1 1/3 pages
Rest of the paper was ok i was 1 of the only 1's in my year who was against the smoking bam tho:tongue:
Reply 55

WJEC paper 2 english was really hard...

the 2 things we had 2 read were really weird....
Reply 56
I found it okay. But that Holly Girl....WHAT A BITCH! i was well tempted just to start slagging her off and then i saw sense. Did anyone do columns, subheadings, pictures for the article?
We got told not to write in columns, but to just paragraph normally :s-smilie:
I felt like I was writing to advise rather than a newsepaper article :smile:
I wrote about a page and a half for that
Reply 58
aahh it was a lively article:P...ahh i got told if its an article defo write in colums because then it is easier to do subheadings and show some pictures
Reply 59
hey did any1 notice how wjec wer literaally dissing us? teens and all lol
hope ever1 does wicked!