The Student Room Group

AQA SCY4: How did it go?

I've just done the Religion paper.
My hands are still shaking =| I found it... horrible. I've messed up completely on the 8 Mark and 12 mark question... wrote 2 and half pages for 8 Marks and 4 pages for 12 Marks! Oops! :redface:
I worte 7 pages for the essay, I did Question 5 to do with the 'Conservative Force and Force for Social Change' but according to my teacher, everyone's probably done it wrong... which is nice to know! :s-smilie:
Ah well, what's done is done, I guess.
Hope everyone else's SCY4 went well.

Scroll to see replies

I wish i'd sat this exam instead of january, that essay question is brilliant in comparison to the choices we got in january lol.
Reply 2
Well, I wrote 7 pages for the essay, so hopefully I've got something right!
I just didn't like the 8 & 12 mark, they were the horrible bits in my opinion. Ah well.
Reply 3
They couldn't have been more generous with the questions - I'm a little worried about my essay question though!! I crammed so much knowledge into that I hardly evaluated or anything.

Also, first question, I put that "believing without belonging" was by Barker.. it was by Davie! Oops.
Reply 4
i LOVED the essay did Q5.wrote 8 pages.so i know i got nearly full marks on that.i predicated it would come up.
but i hated B.on religion.what was that about?? traditional organisations or orthodox groups or something like that????what did everyone put.
Reply 5
8 Pages on the 40 Mark? I did 3 :s-smilie: OMG, i better start improving my technique for the crime and deviance if i want a good mark. Feel absoultly upset now to be honest. How do u guys do it, 8 pages? seriously?
Reply 6
naaa not 8, if your talking a4 pages i would say 3, exam booklet possibly 5
Reply 7
i mean 8 sides.so thats like 4 pages of A4.its easy once i get into writing i can't stop
Reply 8
no harm in it,, the more you write the better,
Reply 9
i had theories and methods today A2 AQA, the two essays were so awfull!!!!!!
ugh... i need a B in this exam!!!
Reply 10
Question 4a - Religious belief - basically secularisation
Question 4b - Fundamentalism
Question 5 - Force for change/conservative force over time...

Anyone do question 6? You'd have to be adventurous to!
What was question 6 on? NRMs, Ethnicity, Gender, Social groups, secularisation?
Thought it went okay. Took me a while to get my head around b but was just basically about secularisation in the end.

Not a bad paper...key word in question 5 was 'was'....was lots of evaluation available there!
Reply 13
It was terrible, personally.

I sense a big fat U coming my way.
MarshallM
Question 4a - Religious belief - basically secularisation
Question 4b - Fundamentalism
Question 5 - Force for change/conservative force over time...

Anyone do question 6? You'd have to be adventurous to!

awww no.
i started writing about fundamentalisn on 4B
then stoped then wrote about NRMs ahahha
atleast i did well on 4A and 5
Reply 15
World Sociology any one?
did the gender question,
Reply 16
Marshall 4A? was not on secularisation was it? it was on methodolgical problems wasnt it?
Reply 17
Well 4a was something along the lines of "why has religious belief declined" wasn't it?

My two points were:
Believing without belonging - Davie.
Anddd that statistics are inaccurate so you can't measure properly.

I could be wrong though...
Reply 18
MarshallM
Well 4a was something along the lines of "why has religious belief declined" wasn't it?

My two points were:
Believing without belonging - Davie.
Anddd that statistics are inaccurate so you can't measure properly.

I could be wrong though...

I think you're right
Reply 19
would these answers be correct

difficult to define religion in the first place - theorists define it differently - therefore has an impact on measurement as you can not compare the definitions

defficult to find a suitable method

defficult to find a time that was even religious

religion is an emotive topic - not always observable

This was my 4A answer? is this ok? i did obviously write explanations for all of them, just did not write them on here. because you all get what im saying

Latest

Trending

Trending