The Student Room Group
Reply 1
they say most its ok to work during your degree as long as you keep it below 20 hours a week and medicine is no different. However, once you start clinicals, you may have to re-evaluate how many hours you do because its like a full time job in itself. most students i know pack in the hours during the summer and manage to make enough to keep them afloat through the year and working maybe a few hours every week for breathing room.
Reply 2
I've had one or two...

...at the same time. :s:
Reply 3
I've worked part time through out (thus far). I intend to jack inthe part time job next term though.
Reply 4
Right....
And would you say you're doing well at uni, and getting some spare time on your hands too?
Reply 5
Better than I could ever have imagined when I started. I'm not brave enough to state how well, as pride comes before a fall and all that jazz, but well enough :biggrin:
i've worked and i'm passing well atm. how well you do on your degree i think is more to do with you though. i know people who spend their lives working and then scrape passes at resit, it's not all about how much time you're devoting.

i have to say i've been doing 20 hours a week for the past couple of months and it's been a total slog! that's too much to cope with really. but yeah if you're not a total thicko you should be able to manage at least a weekend job if you're happy to give up the social time.
Reply 7
jseldis
Right....
And would you say you're doing well at uni, and getting some spare time on your hands too?
Fluffy is an excellent medic who not only scores consistently highly on examination but also performs well on firms and is well liked by most of the people she works with. I think she does fine.

(You can pay me later x)
Reply 8
Brilliant :biggrin:

Thanks guys, valuable advice.

Latest

Trending

Trending