The Student Room Group

I'm bored - a question

I'm bored, and noone seems to post anything worth anything in here any more, so I'm going to as you guys a question and I want you to answer it to the best of your knowledge, taking everything into account, algebraically, capiche?:

I fire a magnetic bullet North-first directly vertically downwards through a coil connected to a lamp in series - what's the brightest the lamp will get?

Go :^_^:
Reply 1
figureeight
I'm bored, and noone seems to post anything worth anything in here any more, so I'm going to as you guys a question and I want you to answer it to the best of your knowledge, taking everything into account, algebraically, capiche?:

I fire a magnetic bullet North-first directly vertically downwards through a coil connected to a lamp in series - what's the brightest the lamp will get?

Go :^_^:

Depends on the type of lamp. I think that with an incandecent bulb you wouldn't get any light at all, since there isn't enough time to heat up the filiment to a high enough temperature.
It will get so bright that you might end up being temporarily blind.
Reply 3
Surely that depends on the length of the coil and how strong the magnet was?

An infinite current for a infinitesimal amount of time would surely heat up the filament sufficiently, to use an extreme example.
Reply 4
Are there no other sources of fun?
Reply 5
Ravito91
Are there no other sources of fun?

No, there are plenty of sources of fun, I'd just rather do something that might help me in even the slightest way possible rather than sit around and watch TV or whatever you tend to do.

Latest