The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
it is very unlikely that you will get disqualified
Don't worry! I did this as well. haha

I used Shakespeare's "Coral Red" as a description for a setting sun.
I used the colour Azure from that poem about the eagle. (not exactly copied, but inspired me)
I also used "Wrinkled Sea" from the poem about the eagle.

More than likely it will impress the examiner as you've used your initiative to get some inspiration from the anthology. Well, at least I hope so :smile:

Good luck :smile:
Reply 22
k ty man
Reply 23
what poem did u copy it from?
Reply 24
If you get screwed over for that then I'm totally fúcked! For TKAM I practically copied out my coursework. And then in the describe question in paper 2 (AQA) I wrote something very similar to what I've read elsewhere.
Reply 25
loool, dw worst they cud do is take a few marks off, i was well worried b4, all these ppl feedin shi into my head bt im over it nw
Reply 26
agreed. copyrighting Seamus Heaney...
Reply 27
He is a digrace.
Reply 28
Extra Marks
Reply 29
It would only be illegal if you copied a whole verse or something. Even then, I'm not sure if it is not allowed, I just think they don't mark it as it isn't your own work. You won't get disqualified, maybe just not get marks for that line AT WORST. Really, I doubt someone will notice.
Reply 30
Firstly did you put quotation marks round it.

Even if you didn't, since it wasn't coursework then I don't think they are that bothered about plagiarism
om3s
Basically in the paper, this was a week ago, there was 3 questions. Two of them were based on the anthology. The last one was a describe question. On teh describe question, i copied one quote from Heaney's poem which was in the Anthology. It was something like, "There were spotted Bluebottles and bluebottles wove a strong gauze of smell". Im worried that it is plagiarism. Pleas could someone help me, has anyone done anything like this b4 help plz im really worried i just realised now!

That's nothing i remembered my entire creative piece for the describe and explain question in my eng lang exam. But it does not matter the same people do not mark coursework and exam scripts.... Also even if you did do that you can just say it was a literary reference to improve the quality of your work and you didn't have time to write a bibliography.
Reply 32
ss92 nd neomilan ur bth idiots! thanks evry1 else, before i was getting worried but im all ok now
Reply 33
:smile: LOL why you got warning level 1? hahahaha your the idiot copying Seamus omdz
Reply 34
woah wtf, why have i got a wanrning???? first of all this was true i was worried at the time im not nw but this is well unfair. wtf did i dO??????
Reply 35
user om3s was thrown out of school today because of this, he was told that his english paper was not submitted and he mus re do the whole gcse including coursework in november

...well not really
Reply 36
om3s
woah wtf, why have i got a wanrning???? first of all this was true i was worried at the time im not nw but this is well unfair. wtf did i dO??????

Huh? Why did you get warned? Maybe you're not allowed to discuss Edexcel ?

neomilan
user om3s was thrown out of school today because of this, he was told that his english paper was not submitted and he mus re do the whole gcse including coursework in november

...well not really

Lol :biggrin:
Reply 37
what do you mean 'lol', it is true! he was subsequently thrown out of the window into a nearby nursery to learn english again and in 8 years he may return to complete his coursework

Latest