The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

naivesincerity
Caroline Aherne has an IQ of 176. I though that was more genius level.

This is most impressive, given the top score for an IQ test is 170, is it not? :smile:.
beccadimambro
This is most impressive, given the top score for an IQ test is 170, is it not? :smile:.

Obviously not when she took it. And no, I thought the top score was in the 200's.
Reply 22
How are some people here guessing their IQs, wtf :s-smilie:
Wendy*
How are some people here guessing their IQs, wtf :s-smilie:

we're not guessing, we've done tests. you can find them anywhere on the internet :smile:
ShadyLady28
we're not guessing, we've done tests. you can find them anywhere on the internet :smile:

And every single one will give you a different answer. I've had answers from 97 to about 203. I doubt my "real" IQ even exists.
naivesincerity
Obviously not when she took it. And no, I thought the top score was in the 200's.

I was basing that on a Channel 4 show about Child Geniuses. So I dunno whether or not it's accurate, or maybe it's the top score an 11 year old can achieve or something :P. He was bloody clever, anyway.
Reply 26
Ah. Well, the results are finally in, so I can ultimately, conclusively and categorically state:

It's over 9,000.
Reply 27
ShadyLady28

Na, a couple of people here have just estimated what they think they would be
Reply 28
Hehe mines under 120 i think :biggrin:
Internet IQ tests generally overestimate your IQ in order to encourage you to buy their reports.
Wendy*
Na, a couple of people here have just estimated what they think they would be

oh okay.
Reply 31
Profesh
Ah. Well, the results are finally in, so I can ultimately, conclusively and categorically state:

It's over 9,000.

LOL - doesn't seem many other people got that :biggrin:
Reply 32
I redid the Mensa test and got 175, which I'm pretty happy with. When I was 10 I got 165.
People don't believe me if I tell them. I think too quickly for my mouth and so I get words mixed up and often my sentences just jumble into one smoosh of words. I also speak really quickly, but I think that's more how I was brought up. I'm not awesome at remembering lots of facts so I don't get all As in A Levels. So basically people think I'm average - then I do better than them in tests and crap. Which was especially fun in GCSE when someone who used to pat me patronisingly on the head when I got words mixed up or said silly things got markedly worse grades than I did.

Then again, a high IQ doesn't mean I'm smart. I can do the IQ tests well, more likely. I'm good at words and picturing things in my head. I don't know really.
13x

It varies depending on the test. Although in truth, none are too accurate IMHO.
IQ tests dont prove anything other then you are good at IQ tests.

Albert Einstein for example had an IQ of 115 (in that reagion), the guy from coldplay is higher than that. So would you rate the guy from coldplay as more intelligent than Albert?

I may just be being sour with all these high scores about :smile: but mine is in the region of 125-140 depending on which test you take.
Mensa-rable
Start testing yourself on this one: http://www.highiqsociety.org/iq_tests/

A much smaller number will be recording anything over 125 on it, than on tickle.com etc.
naivesincerity

IQ stops at 170.

though you can get professionals to estimate your IQ at over 170 if you get a perfect score on the IQ test. at that level its like 1 in 10,000 is its meaningless.
167 according to MENSA :-)
Reply 39
Mine is OVER 9000!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending