The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Does anyone know if the program QI is an any way related to IQ?
Reply 101
Hasan
Does anyone know if the program QI is an any way related to IQ?

Well it's a pun on the two letters, and Stephen Fry is immeasurably clever. But apart from that...
I've never done a real IQ test
But it's 131 according to Test The Nation! xD
Reply 103
140 according to the last one I did, but measuring your ability to follow patterns isn't measuring your intelligence...
117 apperently.. those test are stupid anyway...
Ed.
The forum is full of geniuses it would appear :rolleyes:

It seems obvious to me the vast majority of people actually saying their iq would be happy with it! mine was 142 on a random website. See no credibiity really in any of them. Your intelligence encompasses on so much
Reply 106
Anything between 120 and 160, depending on what test I do and how alert I am :smile:

All IQ tests don't mesure intelligence anyway, just your ability to do IQ tests.
153, though it was tested a long time ago. I got 139 on the High IQ test. It'd be interesting to take the MENSA test again, I used to get their magazine when I was little, still got the membership card. Doesn't really affect day to day life though, beyond GCSE grades reflect how hard you work, not innate intelligence.
Reply 108
shootbangfire
153, though it was tested a long time ago. I got 139 on the High IQ test. It'd be interesting to take the MENSA test again, I used to get their magazine when I was little, still got the membership card. Doesn't really affect day to day life though, beyond GCSE grades reflect how hard you work, not innate intelligence.

What does the Mensa test test for? Does it have sections for non verbal, verbal, spatial reasoning, etc?
135 apparently but I only get average grades - think it's a matter of not applying myself really
I'm a firm believer in being unable to measure intelligence.

IQ tests suck imo.
Reply 111
Well, I saw this thread, thought I'd do a little test online to find out.

Opened up trusty "Google", hit in "iq", and I go to iqtest.com.

Spent 20 minutes racking my brains, eagerly awaiting my approval of geniality.

Finally, after entering my email - "Your test results have been generated, and can be accessed for only $9.95!!!"

so damn frustrating ! :angry: :angry: :angry:
Reply 112
147 - from a genuine psychologist.
your IQ score won't get you anywhere in life, apart from MENSA or some other lame-ass organization. Im sure there are hundreds of thousands of people who have high enough IQ's anyway but don't waste their time matching up patterns. Grades, personality, integrity and energy are more important if you ask me. Just making the whole 'what is your IQ?' thing a bit more interesting. Furthermore, most online tests appeal to flattery by just boosting your scores so you can buy their ****e 'analysis' from their 'phd-qualified' psychologists.
Well I did 2 tests in the first one i got 171 and in the second one I got 189 :s-smilie:. I doubt the online tests I did were very credible so it would be interesting to get one from a psychologists :smile:. IQ's don't really mean and I have a thing against high IQ societies like MENSA. Seems a little elitist don't you think? :s-smilie:
Reply 115
Anywhere between 110-140 from the 'tests' I've taken. Suppose multiple guess questions contribute to several points here and there.

Anyone who does an IQ test then actually pays to see the results afterwards should really be docked 10 points =P
streamline
Well I did 2 tests in the first one i got 171 and in the second one I got 189

Right.... highest in the world is like 195 or something by S.Hawking. It just seems unlikely that youre 1 in millions
I score quite consitently on tests - usually between 136-142

One of my ex's had an IQ of about 170. He was scarily logical, and could assimilate maths/languages/philosophy at a stunning rate. He could speak english, german, french and mandarin perfectly, as well as studying a number of dead languages such as latin, ancient greek, persian etc. He was studying mathematics in ancient greek.
T-o dore
Right.... highest in the world is like 195 or something by S.Hawking. It just seems unlikely that youre 1 in millions

I think online tests purposely "enhance" your score so that you pay for their services :wink: Simply just another way of advertising

Latest

Trending

Trending