The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

enhancing drugs one, it was the subject i though i knew the most about.
Reply 21
heh Travel and tourism, because it was the easiest. The annoying thing is that though my essay was alright, I didnt write anything particularly intelligent. This is pretty disappointing, but then I should have timed my writing better (didnt even manage a good conclusion). Ah well. We'll see what happens.
Eieyre
heh Travel and tourism, because it was the easiest. The annoying thing is that though my essay was alright, I didnt write anything particularly intelligent. This is pretty disappointing, but then I should have timed my writing better (didnt even manage a good conclusion). Ah well. We'll see what happens.

Exactly the same thing that happened with me (albeit with a different question)
Reply 23
Contrary to the way things normally turn out, mine was organised into paragraphs and did demonstrate a definite conclusion. Whether or not it was "good", however, is a different matter entirely :wink:
Reply 24
Dreama
I did the Education Question.

Some people at my college at least seem confused as to the aim of this Question..

Many appeared to answer "How well does education prepare young people for work."

Whereas I interpreted the general aim of the Q to be; "Is the purpose of education to prepare young people for work?"

Thus meaning I blabbed about the *other* aims of education..

Quite a few people I talked to did that as well. Sometimes I found mysefl drifting in the direction of 'how well does education prepare young people for work' but I guess its individual how people interpret it. :smile:
Reply 25
I'm pretty worried...I did some (incomplete) planning but then jumped right in the essay, wonder how'll that affect the admissions tutors' attitudes to my application. Also, I think I was being rather extreme (did the education question)- talked about how a school environment, extra cirricular activites and wide cirriculum will be repressed if education was merely targetting for the world of work. Oh dear....
I did the travel and tourism essay...badly...but it doesn't bother me, as I already got a couple of offers!
I did the education question, and im worried that I wrote about something completely irrelevant.

I was basically answering the question "what is the purpose of education" and basically said that although the primary purpose of education wasn't to prepare for work, it has developed into a system where it has - and the purpose is affected by individualistic and societical aims as to what wants to be gained from the system of education.

If that sounds like Bullsh*t, it really was. My essay was really discoordinated and disjointed because I had no time.

Could anyone tell me the exact wording of the question? I can't seem to find it anywhere!
Reply 28
Lottelo
Could anyone tell me the exact wording of the question? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

I am pretty sure it is on the lines of 'What is your response to the view that education is to prepare people for the world of work?'
sad-ist
I am pretty sure it is on the lines of 'What is your response to the view that education is to prepare people for the world of work?'

Hmm. Still not sure whether my response is relevant or not. Perhaps the ambiguity could help me :smile:.

PS. Anyone know when the universities get the LNAT results? I really want an offer, none yet, beginning to get worried.
Reply 30
london_bum
I did the travel and tourism essay...badly...but it doesn't bother me, as I already got a couple of offers!

I did that one too :smile:
Reply 31
i think the wording to the education essay was something like "what is your reaction to the view that the purpose of education is to prepare young people for the world of work?" I wrote about how this was admittedly a major factor within the system however other considerations have to be made, such as, providing students with a greater sense of social and cultural awareness. basically it was a load of crap but what can you do?

Latest

Trending

Trending