The Student Room Group
Reply 1
AQA music
it was a bit different to the other papers we'd done
but as for difficulty.. I reckon I got roughly what I always get - 65% (I've only ever done 3 papers and I got 65% on all of them :s-smilie:)
Reply 2
Edexcel Maths and Sciences, but that was 3 years ago so they might have changed a mite. I found them fairly easy to be honest, you'll do fine
EDEXCEL
- Maths
do you do linear or modular?

- Additional Science
I thought chemistry and physics structured papers were awful, but the rest were okay.
what about you?
Reply 4
annab1684
AQA music
it was a bit different to the other papers we'd done
but as for difficulty.. I reckon I got roughly what I always get - 65% (I've only ever done 3 papers and I got 65% on all of them :s-smilie:)

Yeah I thought it was different from all the others. I found the Orchestral Landmarks hard I couldnt tell the different between all four.
Reply 5
I di Edexcel Maths. I thought both papers were going to be rock hard, but they were a lot easier than i expected. Hopefully i will get A*!
Reply 6
Felicity_Ella
EDEXCEL
- Maths
do you do linear or modular?

- Additional Science
I thought chemistry and physics structured papers were awful, but the rest were okay.
what about you?

I did the writen ones not multiple choice.
I found chemistry structure paper okay but not great, i got a B on it. Physics was the worst paper ever but i found the multiple choice physics really easy. Biology i had to reseat because last time i did really bad.
Reply 7
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=12347640&highlight=aqa+music+GCSE#post12347640

here is the thread we were discussing it on immediately after the exam..
it might reassure you a bit :smile:
x
Reply 8
BPat
I di Edexcel Maths. I thought both papers were going to be rock hard, but they were a lot easier than i expected. Hopefully i will get A*!

I found them really easy but they may move the boundaries really high so its hard to get an A*.
BPat

are teacher told us what mark we needed to get to get A/A* but i was just thinking how could she do that wouldn't it depend on the grade boundaries?
btw, i did modular, thought it was okay but i reckon i made some silly mistakes.
Reply 10
animallover222
I found them really easy but they may move the boundaries really high so its hard to get an A*.

Yeah i know that's what i am worried about. I hope my grade doesn't get lowered because of the grade boundaries.
I did WJEC English Lang. and Lit.
I found the language quite difficult, and the unseen poem on the literature confusing !
BPat
Yeah i know that's what i am worried about. I hope my grade doesn't get lowered because of the grade boundaries.

Yeah mine to.
What were you predicted? And what did you get in your mocks?
Reply 13
Felicity_Ella
are teacher told us what mark we needed to get to get A/A* but i was just thinking how could she do that wouldn't it depend on the grade boundaries?
btw, i did modular, thought it was okay but i reckon i made some silly mistakes.

it would depend on the grade boundaries and also how everyone else found it. if everyone got A*s, then they would increase the grade boundaries so fewer people can get A*s.
Reply 14
I did wjec english lit and lang! i thought the english literature went pretty well but language didn't go as well as i expected especially paper 1!
Reply 15
animallover222
Yeah mine to.
What were you predicted? And what did you get in your mocks?

I am predicted A* in maths. Our school did two mocks, and in both papers i got A*, and the school took out the D grade questions. They put harder questions in.
animallover222
I did the writen ones not multiple choice.
I found chemistry structure paper okay but not great, i got a B on it. Physics was the worst paper ever but i found the multiple choice physics really easy. Biology i had to reseat because last time i did really bad.

are school refused to let us do any of the exams in nov or march.
this is really annoying as if i dont get good enough mark, i cant retake!
i didn't have a clue about physics, i just didnt get what it was on about.
and i think i didnt understand chemistry because of not be taught some of the stuff that came up.

we were told you can't retake, but do you think it might be possible to do in november...? if you were willing to pay? could you do it if you were unattached to a school?
kim10893
I did wjec english lit and lang! i thought the english literature went pretty well but language didn't go as well as i expected especially paper 1!

im opposite i found lit hard and lang okay
i studied 'to kill a mocking bird' and ' an inspector calls' i did higher for lit and i decided to do foundation for lang
Felicity_Ella
are school refused to let us do any of the exams in nov or march.
this is really annoying as if i dont get good enough mark, i cant retake!
i didn't have a clue about physics, i just didnt get what it was on about.
and i think i didnt understand chemistry because of not be taught some of the stuff that came up.

we were told you can't retake, but do you think it might be possible to do in november...? if you were willing to pay? could you do it if you were unattached to a school?

I;m not sure i no my school does retakes but you will have to ask at the schools around you

Latest