The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any surely? If you really wanted to.

Why do you want to?
Reply 2
science or english?

I screwed up my science exam and english language paper 2 aqa B , the poem "wedding in the flood came up" and i had no notes on it , didn't think it will come up :frown: .
Reply 3
If you still get a C then, depending on what uni you're looking at going to, it shouldn't have a massive impact on your future prospects.

But you could resit any GCSE next year at school or possibly as a private candidate. You can take any GCSE at any point of your life at a college.

So IF you did need to resit, it wouldn't be a problem at all.
English, definitely.
English, Maths and all the Sciences are quite easy to resit, other subjects are quite hard in that you have to find a place that does it.
You can retake whatever GCSE subject you like you just need to find the correct places which will allow you to do resits, most schools will allow you to do resits in English, Science & Maths. But if you want to do anything else you want to try and have a look at resitting privately or at college. I know that at college if you don't get pass grades in English and Maths they encourage to resit especially the students who want to go and get places at university. There are independent companies which will allow to take a number of GCSE's but they are usually quite pricey so its best that you look into resitting at school.
Is science easy to resit though? Since they've made it modular once your units have been "cashed-in" I thought you had to do them all all over again?
yunghamz
Does anyone know what gcse subjects can be retaking next year?

I wouldnt bother resitting english based on that grammer
Reply 9
Will.here.i.am

meiow!

Why the heck am I eating a pen drive?.....
Reply 10
Will.here.i.am

lol true, but seriously if you do want to resit I believe that you have to have do: the coursework again, take precious time away from your A-Levels and lose your social life.... your choice mate!! :smile:
I'm probably going to resit English next year if I get anything below an A due to what I want to do at university.
Reply 12
English, Maths and Science are offered by probably all colleges. Other subjects on the other hand I'm not so sure and you may have to private.
ElectricOceans
I'm probably going to resit English next year if I get anything below an A due to what I want to do at university.

Have fun with all the coursework, i can't believe the stupid amount of coursework needed for GCSE English, its ridiculous. I dread to think how much is needed for A level haha.
Reply 14
Anyone who is going to resit has my deepest sympathy.
Also, when you resit science you no longer do a double award you resit them seperately. So if all of your GCSEs go tits up you can sit Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, English and English Literature which is more than enough GCSEs to get you onto A level.
Reply 16
I think id want to sit additional science for the unit 1's but Im not sure if I would be able to manage learning everything for it with the prospect of 4 AS levels too....
Lou76854
Have fun with all the coursework, i can't believe the stupid amount of coursework needed for GCSE English, its ridiculous. I dread to think how much is needed for A level haha.

It might sound stupid but I don't think I had to do any coursework for my english a-level, maybe I've just blocked it out though :p:
Will.here.i.am

That's slightly hypocritical of you - you missed the apostrophe in "wouldn't", English is a noun so it has a capital letter, and "grammer" is spelled "grammar"...

...and yes, this is an English exam! :p:
The Stig
English, Maths and Science are offered by probably all colleges. Other subjects on the other hand I'm not so sure and you may have to private.

Nah, anyone can get the papers in if the OP tells them early enough. Sure, they'd have to do all the work on their own, but if they're willing to pay to sit the exam, why not? :smile:

Latest