The Student Room Group

Pya4 June 08 And Pya5 Predicted Question And Revision

This thread is purely to discuss what topics we think will be most likely to come up.
Personally i'm doing topics 3 5 and 15:
Social Psychology
Physiological Psychology
Comparative Psychology.

Based on looking through old exam papers (Including jan 08) i have realised patterns in the questions being asked, and through these i have predicted the following questions most likely to crop up:

Social Psychology: Environmental stressors OR Pro/Anti media
Physiological Psychology: Biological Rhytms + Disruption OR Sleep
Comparative Psychology: Intelligence OR Sex differences in parental investment

What do you all think of these predictions?
What do you think will come up in PYA5 and what are the general trends?

I'm so worried about these exams why do we have so much to learn? It's impossible those bloody examiners :mad:

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also.. How are you all going about your revision?
I'm reading thoroughly my predicted topics over and over and writing a few notes, thinking of doing some practice essays.:wink:
Reply 2
Im doing 3,5 and 15 too :smile:
Got any tips on how to learn all this information? Ive written it out myself, and summerised it as best i can, but i dont know where to go from there?
Reply 3
charkate_x
Got any tips on how to learn all this information? Ive written it out myself, and summerised it as best i can, but i dont know where to go from there?

Cool :smile:
It's tough, isn't it?
I don't really have many tips i'm afraid as i find i learn best mainly through reading.. I planned out though that there is 3 days till the exam, so that today i would do Social Psychology, tommorow i'd do Physiological psychology and monday i'd to Comparative. I'm going to wake up early tuesday also to go over it all, damn the morning examinations!
You planning on going to university? Where do you want to go and what do you want to do?
How are you managing all of this revision, do you have any predictions of questions? are you revising every single bit?
xx
Reply 4
cherrylux
Cool :smile:
It's tough, isn't it?
I don't really have many tips i'm afraid as i find i learn best mainly through reading.. I planned out though that there is 3 days till the exam, so that today i would do Social Psychology, tommorow i'd do Physiological psychology and monday i'd to Comparative. I'm going to wake up early tuesday also to go over it all, damn the morning examinations!
You planning on going to university? Where do you want to go and what do you want to do?
How are you managing all of this revision, do you have any predictions of questions? are you revising every single bit?
xx

Im staying on an extra year at college,but want to go to cardiff to do psychology after.What about you?
And yeah, im just trying to go over everything, but since you said the predicted topics ill make sure i go over them thoroughly, but im not taking any chnaces! Theres so much to go through, im really starting to panic.
xxx
Reply 5
I'm doing 2,5,15 and I think Interpersonal attraction, biological rhytms and sexual selection will come up. Quote me on this:p:

Spoiler

Reply 6
why do u think interpersonal attraction will come up? it came up last june
Reply 7
Matchbox123
why do u think interpersonal attraction will come up? it came up last june

I don't know I just got a gut feeling for that. Or it would be theories of relationship (either formation or dissolution). What do you think?
Reply 8
i think it will be explanations of love or formation
Reply 9
Zak
I'm doing 2,5,15 and I think Interpersonal attraction, biological rhytms and sexual selection will come up. Quote me on this:p:

Spoiler

I'm not gonna study interpersonal - it came up June 07. Understudied came up Jan 08 (THANK GODDDDD).

I personally think Mainentance or Dissolution or Formation or Psych. Explanations of Love will come up. - those are all I'm studying for question 2.
Reply 10
cherrylux

Social Psychology: Environmental stressors OR Pro/Anti media
Physiological Psychology: Biological Rhytms + Disruption OR Sleep
Comparative Psychology: Intelligence OR Sex differences in parental investment

x

I've predicted the exact saem ones as you, ive written a model answer out for each of them and am going to only learn them. I've decided to forget about the rest of the things that could up because i thhink its better to learn a few things really well rather than learn them all not so well.
What exam board, spec is this? I'm only learning two units.
Reply 12
h3artie
I'm not gonna study interpersonal - it came up June 07. Understudied came up Jan 08 (THANK GODDDDD).

Is there any chance that a question which came up in June 07 or Jan 08 would come up again in June 08? I want to cut down the essay questions which I'm trying to learn!

I do questions 1, 5 and 13... anyone else do these?
Reply 13
i think depression might come up for pya5
and im doing social psych. and that sounds about right!
Reply 14
aman471
I've predicted the exact saem ones as you, ive written a model answer out for each of them and am going to only learn them. I've decided to forget about the rest of the things that could up because i thhink its better to learn a few things really well rather than learn them all not so well.

haha! i was thinking about doing that too but i feel pretty worried, how are you for grades in psychology already??
what makes you tihnk that sexual selection wont come up in 15 (comparative psychology)?
i feel like literally learning online environmental stressors its so likely to come up!

keep the thread alive people! what do you all think is going to crop up?

this is AQA by the way
Reply 15
cherrylux

what do you all think is going to crop up?

I not much use to you as the only question I'm doing the same as you is 5, which I'm predicting will be biological rhythms, but hoping it will be psychological and neurobiological theories of dreaming, as I like that one!

Does anyone have a question paper for PYA4 Jan 08? Or know which questions came up??

(I'm getting a bit scared, never been scared about exams before 0_0)
el3ktrauma
Is there any chance that a question which came up in June 07 or Jan 08 would come up again in June 08? I want to cut down the essay questions which I'm trying to learn!

I do questions 1, 5 and 13... anyone else do these?

Any question can come up, they can ask you any question that's in the syllabus.
charkate_x

Ok that's fine, try to memorise it and make sure you know it. To test this get a black sheet of paper and write it down.. and check if you got it right. Keep practising and try to do a essay question and see how much AO1 and AO2 you got. If you need any help PM or QUOTE me...
Reply 18
el3ktrauma
I not much use to you as the only question I'm doing the same as you is 5, which I'm predicting will be biological rhythms, but hoping it will be psychological and neurobiological theories of dreaming, as I like that one!

Does anyone have a question paper for PYA4 Jan 08? Or know which questions came up??

(I'm getting a bit scared, never been scared about exams before 0_0)

hey, theories of agression came up, and dreaming came up! also in comparative anxiety and depression came up
xx
Reply 19
Hi
All these discussions have really helped me with psychology of the past few weeks thanks :smile:
I was just wondering if anyon has an example essay for social representations?
It would be much appreciated.
thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending