The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ah dont talk about racism! i bloody hate it, my boyfriend is black, and i swear people are being fukn arseholes where i live!!! (sorry for the language but i am livvid!) its so bloody annoying, i dont know why their all living in the past... PLUS its none of their bloody business anyway who my boyfriend is! im on the verge of killin someone lol!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 41
shriya
i am not having a go at you and in reply to other questions:
1 well once you gave them money they expect more from you it is general human nature its better not to give them any money.as for you tutoring them english i dont know how you manged that.
2 you werent being rude to me but nor am i you gave me a view about my country i am simply giving you an alternative view about my country.
3 i dont think srilanka is worse i went to srilanka once and i thought it was beautiful.:smile:

well u need to go to Jaffna and area's like that it is bad... the reason i did the tutoring was because my friend actually helps out a woman living near the shanty town running a free tutorial service... i just went round and helped
By the way I am not disagreeing that india is a gorgeous place

oh and it looks like you are having a go at me when you put the mad faces and exclaimation marks
Reply 42
MathsStudent
well u need to go to Jaffna and area's like that it is bad... the reason i did the tutoring was because my friend actually helps out a woman living near the shanty town running a free tutorial service... i just went round and helped
By the way I am not disagreeing that india is a gorgeous place

oh and it looks like you are having a go at me when you put the mad faces and exclaimation marks

i was not having a go at you i was having a go at your ignorance and your lack of understanding,i have never been to jaffna,where is it?
Reply 43
shriya
i was not having a go at you i was having a go at your ignorance and your lack of understanding,i have never been to jaffna,where is it?

its the tamil area... i am tamil by the way... its really bad its where alot of bombings happen
Reply 44
Roisin2008
ah dont talk about racism! i bloody hate it, my boyfriend is black, and i swear people are being fukn arseholes where i live!!! (sorry for the language but i am livvid!) its so bloody annoying, i dont know why their all living in the past... PLUS its none of their bloody business anyway who my boyfriend is! im on the verge of killin someone lol!

my teacher from northern ireland said there is a lot of racism there =( he said that i would be lynched if i walked down the road lol i think its an exaggeration

but yeah i hate racism too
Reply 45
MathsStudent
its the tamil area... i am tamil by the way... its really bad its where alot of bombings happen

oh i am sorry about that i didnt know is it in srilanka?
Reply 46
shriya
oh i am sorry about that i didnt know is it in srilanka?

yep its on the northern border
thats where most of the tamil area's are and we obviously get attacked the most so yeah
Reply 47
MathsStudent
yep its on the northern border

oh man i am really sorry about the bombings and all i feel so embarrassed now:redface:
Reply 48
na u wouldnt be lynched lol, people have actually calmed down, its just people who know me and are taking the piss !
Reply 49
Roisin2008
na u wouldnt be lynched lol, people have actually calmed down, its just people who know me and are taking the piss !

oh i really feel sorry for you
but I am proud of you i don't know who you are lol but I am proud of you
stay in there and don't give into pressure
i look up to you your fantastic
Reply 50
shriya
oh man i am really sorry about the bombings and all i feel so embarrassed now:redface:

why be embarrassed i accidently offended you
i suppose we're both to blame
Reply 51
MathsStudent
why be embarrassed i accidently offended you
i suppose we're both to blame

lol:biggrin:
Reply 52
MathsStudent
oh i really feel sorry for you
but I am proud of you i don't know who you are lol but I am proud of you
stay in there and don't give into pressure
i look up to you your fantastic

awww thank u. i aint givin in to it at all, at the end of the day its none of their business, plus i like him :smile: so....... i aint leavin him for immature people who are still livin in the past and have nothing better to do only take the piss! thats just people who's lives are already ruined so they wanna ruin other people's! but...it aint gunna happen to me! :biggrin:
Reply 53
I was wondering whether there is any hostility against foreigners ?
shriya
well dont go because OMG you might be poked by a kid which will land you in hospital or maybe someone would forget to say thank you or sorry to you which could virtually kill you,and of course i am being over sensitive how would you feel if i said something about england? :mad:

Tbh I really wouldn't care that much. If somebody had said, as you thought they said, that all English people are horrible and mean and don't go there coz you'll always be poked at with sticks, I would realise that the person obviously didn't know what they were talking about. You can't say such things about any country in the world, it would be ridiculous. So aside from pointing out these things, I wouldn't really do anything if somebody insulted England.

And tbh, I expect to be harassed by some beggars, being poked with a stick wouldn't faze me and in England enough people don't say please or thank you. There are rude people in every country, just as there are lovely people in every country. To get really mad because somebody has said that they had one bad experience (and by no means saying that all people from this country are like that) is, yes, over-sensitive.

Nobody meant to offend you or your country.
Reply 55
GingerMarshmallow
Tbh I really wouldn't care that much. If somebody had said, as you thought they said, that all English people are horrible and mean and don't go there coz you'll always be poked at with sticks, I would realise that the person obviously didn't know what they were talking about. You can't say such things about any country in the world, it would be ridiculous. So aside from pointing out these things, I wouldn't really do anything if somebody insulted England.

And tbh, I expect to be harassed by some beggars, being poked with a stick wouldn't faze me and in England enough people don't say please or thank you. There are rude people in every country, just as there are lovely people in every country. To get really mad because somebody has said that they had one bad experience (and by no means saying that all people from this country are like that) is, yes, over-sensitive.

Nobody meant to offend you or your country.

well i gave up on this topic,yes i was offended but i realize it was rude of me to tell you not to go,i am sure you will have a lovley time and yes there are beggars who can poke you and irritate you but to be honest i think when you visit a country you should share its positivities and not criticize it.:smile:
i am sorry if i offended you:smile:
Oh, I agree!
You wouldn't believe how much stick my family (esp my brother) is giving me coz I'm going to study Chinese. My brother is really REALLY pro-Tibet, which apparently means I'm not allowed to learn the Chinese language and study it's culture? I mean, wtf? Sure, wilful ignorance will help us solve international crises....
Sorry, I got a bit rude too, really.
I wanna go travel everywhere (and get poked with sticks lol) and experience soooo many different cultures, but there's not enough time to see everything in the world!!
India is gonna be so cool though, coz I'm going with an Indian friend who speaks a fair bit of Hindi and who's visited most of the places we're going to before. The thought of this trip is all that gets me through these stupid exams!!!
Reply 57
GingerMarshmallow
Oh, I agree!
You wouldn't believe how much stick my family (esp my brother) is giving me coz I'm going to study Chinese. My brother is really REALLY pro-Tibet, which apparently means I'm not allowed to learn the Chinese language and study it's culture? I mean, wtf? Sure, wilful ignorance will help us solve international crises....
Sorry, I got a bit rude too, really.
I wanna go travel everywhere (and get poked with sticks lol) and experience soooo many different cultures, but there's not enough time to see everything in the world!!
India is gonna be so cool though, coz I'm going with an Indian friend who speaks a fair bit of Hindi and who's visited most of the places we're going to before. The thought of this trip is all that gets me through these stupid exams!!!

just out of interest which places are you visting?
Flying out to Delhi (via Helsinki lol - cheap FinnAir flights!), and doing day trips to Agra and Jaipur for about a week, then over to Amritsar for a couple of days, hopefully up to the Pakistan border to visit some temples (and I did my history c/w on the Partition, so I insisted on the border visit, despite my mother's concerns) and then just under a week trekking in the Himalayas, then flying down to Mumbai (and we may or may not spend a weekend in Goa. I didn't really want to go to Goa during touristy season, but we're going during monsoon, so I'm not sure.)

It was so bad, my friend kept showing me all these tourist guides about various places in India, and I just kept finding more and more places to visit, which we obviously can't do in just a month....I'd like to go back some other time and spend a few weeks in Kerela as well, I think. But not this summer.
MathsStudent
are there many coloured people there?

the irony. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending