The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Conrad
But that's a good way to have someone hate you and I'm not looking out to make anyone hate anyone - especially me. I want to be her friend and I wouldn't want her feelings doing a Jekyle and Heid on me either. I don't want her coming after me and trying to kill me for ruining her life or something. Not sure how that could happen, but it's still a posibility . . .

She's gonna hate you a lot more oif you lead her on unintentionally. If she has feelings for you the hope will always be there. if you make a break then she'l find someone else.
Reply 41
Unregistered
She's gonna hate you a lot more oif you lead her on unintentionally. If she has feelings for you the hope will always be there. if you make a break then she'l find someone else.

I guess, she is away of everything, even the whole we need to stop thing, so it's not like I am leading her on. She actually was going to suggest in the near future that we break it off anyways, the more than friends part at least. I try not to keep people in the dark of things when it pertains to them in the most direct manner. She is ok with it, though she has feelings for me. She said she'll live and as long as I don't stop talking to her completely, then she won't care, as long as she can still talk to me . . .
Conrad
I guess, she is away of everything, even the whole we need to stop thing, so it's not like I am leading her on. She actually was going to suggest in the near future that we break it off anyways, the more than friends part at least. I try not to keep people in the dark of things when it pertains to them in the most direct manner. She is ok with it, though she has feelings for me. She said she'll live and as long as I don't stop talking to her completely, then she won't care, as long as she can still talk to me . . .

That sounds like she is BSing herself - you are hurting her obviously. If you really were here friend then you would leave her alone.

Sounds like no matter what your gonna talk yourself into not breaking it off woth this girl - so maybe you should just dump your girlfriend - she deserves better than this.
Reply 43
Unregistered
That sounds like she is BSing herself - you are hurting her obviously. If you really were here friend then you would leave her alone.

Sounds like no matter what your gonna talk yourself into not breaking it off woth this girl - so maybe you should just dump your girlfriend - she deserves better than this.

Not really, its not like I cheated on her, and she's only had worse before me. Im sure there is always better person out there for all of us, but whether or not we find them is the problem. As for the friend, we work together, so its not like I can avoid her. We have to stay somewhat friends just so that we can comfortably work together. The shifts arent secure, so it's not like I am ask to avoid her either, thus why I dont want her to hate me. I don't know how I could work around someone that has no tolerance for me what so ever . . .
Reply 44
Conrad
Not really, its not like I cheated on her, and she's only had worse before me. Im sure there is always better person out there for all of us, but whether or not we find them is the problem. As for the friend, we work together, so its not like I can avoid her. We have to stay somewhat friends just so that we can comfortably work together. The shifts arent secure, so it's not like I am ask to avoid her either, thus why I dont want her to hate me. I don't know how I could work around someone that has no tolerance for me what so ever . . .

if she says she can still talk to you, well thats usually a guilt trip thing, or shes so patheticlly in love with you that you need to break it off comletely and say i dont like you blah blah ur annoying, the new girl sounds lilke a potential stalker to me!
Reply 45
curryADD
if she says she can still talk to you, well thats usually a guilt trip thing, or shes so patheticlly in love with you that you need to break it off comletely and say i dont like you blah blah ur annoying, the new girl sounds lilke a potential stalker to me!

Definately not stalker material. She's a good person and she's been hurt once before by an ex-boyfriend. She is a friend and a co-worker. I've thought about it for a while this past weekend and I think I am still gonna take onlywee's advice from the first page and just try to let things pan out. I am not going to really move in favor of anyone or anything. Not like I am gonna just be lazy and sit around the house either, but I think that whatever happens, happens and it happens for a reason. Whether or not we have control over those reasons or not is a different issue all together.
Gotta love those love life problems - "oh my life is so complicated, moan etc" yadda yaddah.
Reply 47
Unregistered
Gotta love those love life problems - "oh my life is so complicated, moan etc" yadda yaddah.

Yes I often wonder what the starving kids in ethiopia would think of our petty problems!
Reply 48
Adhsur
Yes I often wonder what the starving kids in ethiopia would think of our petty problems!

I often think about third world countries too. But I think about how if America did have problems such as those, then we would not have any time to worry about such issues. Since that is not the case, I wish to resolve my little problem at hand. I think the answer is becoming more and more clear with every passing day. I hope I can resolve my issues quite quickly, yet things like these never clear up quite as quickly or easily as anyone hopes them to.
Conrad
I often think about third world countries too. But I think about how if America did have problems such as those, then we would not have any time to worry about such issues. Since that is not the case, I wish to resolve my little problem at hand. I think the answer is becoming more and more clear with every passing day. I hope I can resolve my issues quite quickly, yet things like these never clear up quite as quickly or easily as anyone hopes them to.

The point is - you are working with this girl. Probably every day. You are therefore unable to be objective about the situation.

We are all put in tempting situations. True love means that you never compromise a true relationship. It seems that this new girl is, at the moment, more important to you. Beware - you sound very young and if you are in this predicament now, it is very likely that you will repeat this pattern. Should you and this new girl get together, you will end up in the same situation, i.e. "i get on so well with New Girl but feel such passion with So And So". The grass is always greener, as they say.

You say this new girl is NOT a bunny boiler, but you are frightened to cut all ties with her because she may make life difficult for you.

Honestly, it takes NO effort for woman not to overstep the mark with another woman's boyfriend/husband. She has a void in her life that she is trying to fill with you.

Woman's Secret #164 - if you know another woman's man and you want him, simply stick around, confide in him so he confides in you, making him question his relationship with his girlfriend/wife, tell him that you respect his relationship and be understanding to the point of professional counsellor. Wait. He will think how understanding you are, and how understanding his girlfriend isn't. How he confides in you, but cannot speak to her like that. Eventually, you will seem irresistible.
Oh puh-lease. how would you like to share your future wife with other men because "it's not fair to love just one person". if we were not supposed to be monogamous then why is it so painful and destructive to have an affair or find out that your partner is having one?

each to their own and all that but i hate people who are so selfish they can't see past their own nose. you are cheating if you are maintaining a relationship with another person. the biggest sign is that you are questioning your current relationship. and in denial of your own behaviour.
Reply 51
UnregisteredBo!
The point is - you are working with this girl. Probably every day. You are therefore unable to be objective about the situation.

We are all put in tempting situations. True love means that you never compromise a true relationship. It seems that this new girl is, at the moment, more important to you. Beware - you sound very young and if you are in this predicament now, it is very likely that you will repeat this pattern. Should you and this new girl get together, you will end up in the same situation, i.e. "i get on so well with New Girl but feel such passion with So And So". The grass is always greener, as they say.

You say this new girl is NOT a bunny boiler, but you are frightened to cut all ties with her because she may make life difficult for you.

Honestly, it takes NO effort for woman not to overstep the mark with another woman's boyfriend/husband. She has a void in her life that she is trying to fill with you.

Woman's Secret #164 - if you know another woman's man and you want him, simply stick around, confide in him so he confides in you, making him question his relationship with his girlfriend/wife, tell him that you respect his relationship and be understanding to the point of professional counsellor. Wait. He will think how understanding you are, and how understanding his girlfriend isn't. How he confides in you, but cannot speak to her like that. Eventually, you will seem irresistible.

That little secret sounds quite familiar, but Im not being too hasty about it. Wow. That sounds just like whats going on from an outside position, except for the fact that the New Girl has told me she just wants me to be happy. So if I am more happy with my girlfriend, doesn't that defeat the purpose of playing the mind game with me?
Reply 52
Unregistered
Oh puh-lease. how would you like to share your future wife with other men because "it's not fair to love just one person". if we were not supposed to be monogamous then why is it so painful and destructive to have an affair or find out that your partner is having one?

each to their own and all that but i hate people who are so selfish they can't see past their own nose. you are cheating if you are maintaining a relationship with another person. the biggest sign is that you are questioning your current relationship. and in denial of your own behaviour.

I agree 100%. How would you feel if it was your girlfriend that was seeing someone else behind your back. I think it would be a whole different story then wouldn't it?
Reply 53
Unregistered

I CAN see past my own nose, thus the reason I am not breaking up with my girlfriend to go flying over to this new girl. Yes, sometimes when I talk and my girlfriend is not around, I sometimes, more quickly than others, forget about her feelings. But when I come home and see her and hear her talk about feeling bad or what not, I quickly realize how badly I would feel if she did interpret me talking to this other girl as "cheating". But then again, what is cheating. To me its more of a physical thing, not really a mental thing. I say this because who do you turn to when your significant other is making you go completely ballistic and you need to talk to someone of that sex about it. It isn't like you can just pull someone off of the street corner and talk to them about it. Your parents are most likely out of the picture, as is any sibling (depending on your relationship with them). I actually talk to the other girl about my problems with my girlfriend. I said way back in the forum that the other girl is pretty much me as a girl, mentally. Thus when I need to know what to do in a situation from a girl's perspective, I go to work and ask her about it. Once again, this new girl is fully aware of my love for my girlfriend and "claims" (in reference to UnregisteredBo!'s comment) that she fully respects any decision of mine and my relationship I have with my girlfriend.
Conrad
That little secret sounds quite familiar, but Im not being too hasty about it. Wow. That sounds just like whats going on from an outside position, except for the fact that the New Girl has told me she just wants me to be happy. So if I am more happy with my girlfriend, doesn't that defeat the purpose of playing the mind game with me?

Of course she's told you she wants you to be happy! She wouldn't say " I want you to be so miserable so that you have no option other than to turn to me" - which, in a way, you are.

The mind game is - she has GOT you questioning your happiness with your girlfriend!! That is why you posted in the 1st place. Maybe the New Girl does not even realise the extent of what she is doing - but it really is old hat.

I don't expect you to stay with someone you are not happy with but it does take years to learn to be objective about love! As for that Secret #164 - if more men knew about it i'm sure a lot more heartbreak would be avoided. Sure, New Girl makes you feel a bit special, wanted, liked - all those things our great human egos need. I just think you sound too nice to be another one of those men that have voids in themselves/their relationship that they idiotically try and fill with somebody else.
Reply 55
Infinity
I agree 100%. How would you feel if it was your girlfriend that was seeing someone else behind your back. I think it would be a whole different story then wouldn't it?

What do you mean by seeing? Talking to? That's as far as I plan to ever go with this other girl. I do love my girlfriend very much. I can see how she would interpret talking a lot to another girl as my attention derriving away from her. I guess I would be really jealous if I found out she had be talking a lot to another guy, but if that is all and she can honestly say that is all, then I do not really see a problem with it except for the fact that she would be spending a decent portion of time talking to the other guy. I work with this other girl though, so it isnt like I hop in the car and meet her somewhere at some agreed upon time to talk or what not. I am still very confused with myself. In saying that, I mean this: I know I love my girlfriend very much. That part is obvious to me. I just think that if I told this other girl, my co-worker, to go away forever, then I would feel really bad for a) completely cutting her off, and b) for having to work with her while I am ignoring her. I am no where close to being a kind of person who intentionally trys to hurt someone. You'll probably say that I am hurting my girlfriend, but I say I honestly would not/did not mean to. That is why I am evaluating this whole thing and trying to make the best of two worlds. I try to keep work life and my personal life separate from each other for the most part. Having both worlds co-exist is a problem I have always had trouble in doing.
Reply 56
Unregistered
Of course she's told you she wants you to be happy! She wouldn't say " I want you to be so miserable so that you have no option other than to turn to me" - which, in a way, you are.

The mind game is - she has GOT you questioning your happiness with your girlfriend!! That is why you posted in the 1st place. Maybe the New Girl does not even realise the extent of what she is doing - but it really is old hat.

I don't expect you to stay with someone you are not happy with but it does take years to learn to be objective about love! As for that Secret #164 - if more men knew about it i'm sure a lot more heartbreak would be avoided. Sure, New Girl makes you feel a bit special, wanted, liked - all those things our great human egos need. I just think you sound too nice to be another one of those men that have voids in themselves/their relationship that they idiotically try and fill with somebody else.

I would never try to fill a void with someone else's love (a part reserved for someone else) on purpose. And you are right about the reason I placed this forum. My girlfriend and I have been arguing a considerably greater amount than ever before, here in these past few months. It just seems like there was a certain point in my relationship where we/my girlfriend/I stopped feeling a certain way about the other - I say it like that because I feel like that, but can't put my finger on it. Recently, my girlfriend has been saying nothing but things like "you don't love me" and "I'm going to go back home, no one cares about me here" and "you don't care about me". No matter how hard I've been trying, I can't seem to get it through her head that I love her more than anything, and if she did know the extent of me talking to the other girl, and she told me to stop talking to her to fix our problem once and for all, then I would. But recently, she seems as if she wants to push me away. Like maybe she has a secret friend or something. I'm not going to start accousing her of anything, cause that is just throwing blame around, but the possibility is not 100% oblivious to my mind.
Conrad
I actually talk to the other girl about my problems with my girlfriend. I said way back in the forum that the other girl is pretty much me as a girl, mentally. Thus when I need to know what to do in a situation from a girl's perspective, I go to work and ask her about it. Once again, this new girl is fully aware of my love for my girlfriend and "claims" (in reference to UnregisteredBo!'s comment) that she fully respects any decision of mine and my relationship I have with my girlfriend.

NEWSFLASH! Some of us talk to our same sex friends about problems with our partners. You don't need to talk to a woman to discuss your female partner. in fact, you need to check with the same sex that you are not overeacting/being irrational and what they would do in the same position. and, if this girl is the female personification of you - why do you need to ask her anything? surely, you just need to confer with yourself. perhaps you believe she is saying what you think, when in fact you are convincing yourself that how she feels is how you feel.

Jeez, if you were to date New Girl, who would you talk to about your relationship problems with her? Your ex-girlfriend? Or would you befriend a Newer New Girl to fill that void?

You don't even realise but your are using New Girl as your backbone - as you say, you rush to work to ask her about very intimate issues. I can't stress this enough - the fact that you are discussing your own relationship with her like this is sending off alarm bells. as for the excuse that you have to work with her - if she really "respects your relationship" like you say - why would things be difficult???? you can be civil to one another.

If you and your girlfriend had a decent relationship, she would know by now that something has changed. no matter how much you deny it, you have done this because of your relationship with New Girl. Your girlfriend obviously loves you very much and is feels absolutely powerless because she knows you well enough to know when you are behaving differently.

PS - if New Girl really "respects your relationship", she would honestly back off. that's what us normal girls do when things could get a bit complicated with another woman's man. She's saying these things because she knows by now that it's what you want to hear and that it clears your conscience for you to remain in close contact with her.
Reply 58
honestly, I think you need to spend one evening with your girlfriend and make her feel really really special and luved.....maybe you dont realize it but youve been pushing her away to!
Reply 59
curryADD
honestly, I think you need to spend one evening with your girlfriend and make her feel really really special and luved.....maybe you dont realize it but youve been pushing her away to!

yeah, i plan too. This past weekend, we had a whole day together and this coming weekend I plan to take her to the fair.

As for UnregisteredBo!, I don't believe I said that I rush to work to tell New Girl the problems I have, and it is hard to reassure yourself when you have no one to tell out loud certains thoughts or problems. This I have seen/been there to hear my other friends and their problems.

I am talking more and more to my girlfriend and we are looking pretty good now. I just think with her being really stressed out with school (college) and never really paying attention to me, I go to New Girl to feel wanted. This past month or so has been a little more than how would you say, chaotic and stressful. My girlfriend always studies, and though I should be studying as well, I just am always left in the other room by myself, twiddling my thumbs. I just wish things could be like they were, always together and happy. I dont think you're supposed to feel married (stressed, tired, and unavailable) when your only two years into a relationship, but that's just me. But like I said, we are starting to get a lot better. We are talking about problems and such and trying to resolve issues as best as we can. And new girl is sitting in the left field telling me do whatever makes me happy (honestly). She just wishes happy would mean her, though that doesn't look like the final answer . . .

Latest

Trending

Trending