The Student Room Group

Anyone got an offer from LSE (Law)?

Hi
Help please! Has anyone got a Law offer from LSE. I sat the LNAT yesterday. Essay fine; shorts more problematic. If I got LSE, I'd turn down Oxford (if I got an offer that is).
One offer so far: Manchester AAA. I'm happy so far, but here's hoping!
And hoping EVERYONE gets something that suits them.

Thanks and good luck to all.

toni
Reply 1
Apparently LSE only give out offers March/April.
Reply 2
haha wishful thinking - the "I hate LSE - why wont they decide?" threads havent even appeared yet

march would be a reasonable estimate. i expect to hear from them just as i graduate.

Tommo
Reply 3
I think LSE begin making offers in January (January 15th wouldn't be far off) and give out the offers they want, then keep a "pool" of people in case they don't get enough acceptances, then if they don't need you, reject you around May . . . .
Reply 4
My LSE offer came through very late last year, in April. Everyone ends up waiting for LSE. I'm impressed with the speed in which some of the offers have started to come through - I think my first was about November the 10th last year. Good luck guys, you've had this LNAT to deal with along with all the other rubbish that the system throws at you. Just sit back and wait..... Or do as I did last year and check UCAS twice daily without fail.
Reply 5
paymaster
My LSE offer came through very late last year, in April. Everyone ends up waiting for LSE. I'm impressed with the speed in which some of the offers have started to come through - I think my first was about November the 10th last year. Good luck guys, you've had this LNAT to deal with along with all the other rubbish that the system throws at you. Just sit back and wait..... Or do as I did last year and check UCAS twice daily without fail.

Just out of interest, paymaster, what GCSEs and A/S levels did you get? Is LSE really as competitive as they say it is?
Reply 6
Lottelo
Just out of interest, paymaster, what GCSEs and A/S levels did you get? Is LSE really as competitive as they say it is?

I got 7A*s and 3As at GCSE, and 5As at AS. I was 'shortlisted' and got my offer late on. By the time I got my offer, i was so annoyed with how long they took that I didn't give them much thought. Looking back, I'd prefer to have applied to KCL, although it's nice to say I got an offer from LSE. Everywhere's competitive now. Although when I went on interviews and open days, I realise a lot of people are applying just because they think they'll make a lot of money!
Reply 7
paymaster
I got 7A*s and 3As at GCSE, and 5As at AS. I was 'shortlisted' and got my offer late on. By the time I got my offer, i was so annoyed with how long they took that I didn't give them much thought. Looking back, I'd prefer to have applied to KCL, although it's nice to say I got an offer from LSE. Everywhere's competitive now. Although when I went on interviews and open days, I realise a lot of people are applying just because they think they'll make a lot of money!

Wow, thats remarkably similar to me! 6A*, 4A, 1C at GCSE and 5As at AS. Guess its easter before I get a response . . . .

PS. Where did u end up going to?
Reply 8
THANKS everyone for those remarks. It's surprising and worrying how much I don't know! I have almost no careers advice to call on. Thx again.
I can see things from the LSE ponit of view, even if it's inconvenient for us all: theuy wait to see who's got Oxbridge or wherever, and then can be sure of the people the offer to turning up.
Reply 9
Toni Mag
THANKS everyone for those remarks. It's surprising and worrying how much I don't know! I have almost no careers advice to call on. Thx again.
I can see things from the LSE ponit of view, even if it's inconvenient for us all: theuy wait to see who's got Oxbridge or wherever, and then can be sure of the people the offer to turning up.

They've no idea who oxbridge offers to. No university knows where else you applied, let alone whether you got an offer! Only guessing gfame which goes on is if you're a strong (ie predicted A) candidate and you apply before Octobner 15th, then I imagine they assume you are an oxbridge applicant.
Reply 10
paymaster
They've no idea who oxbridge offers to. No university knows where else you applied, let alone whether you got an offer! Only guessing gfame which goes on is if you're a strong (ie predicted A) candidate and you apply before Octobner 15th, then I imagine they assume you are an oxbridge applicant.

Thanks. the point i was making was that, by the time LSE conditional offers get accepted, those that say 'yes' will be more definite that if the same offers were made before oxbridge outcomes were known. LSE know that their offers (AAA) will be approx the same as Oxbridge (AAA) and very few who have got offers from both Oxbridge and LSE will eventually accept the latter.
Or perhaps not!
Reply 11
Lottelo
Wow, thats remarkably similar to me! 6A*, 4A, 1C at GCSE and 5As at AS. Guess its easter before I get a response . . . .

5 A*, 3 A, 2 B. Should have been six. Drama coursework was practically 100%. I've not the foggiest idea what went wrong there; I only hope it hasn't scuppered me :mad:

At least I'm predicted AAAAaa :wink:
Reply 12
Lottelo

Well, I've accepted an offer from Cambridge 2005. I sohuld have gone this yeart, but edexcel marked one of my subjects wrong, and by the time I got my B upgraded, cambridge were full for the year. So I'll be part of the 2005 intake with you guys.
Reply 13
paymaster
So I'll be part of the 2005 intake with you guys.

LOL, with what guys?!

Those who did reasonably well on the LNAT?

That's be...oh yea... nobody then. :wink: Gonna be a lonely year at Cabridge huh?

He he... :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending