The Student Room Group

Diary of an Unemployed Physiotherapy Graduate!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
SamJL
tell me about it, I've 4 months of outpatients for my next rotation....help!!!:frown:
well if I get it too we can start a "I have to suffer 4 months of outpatients and I hate it" society lol
Reply 81
good idea!! we could share horror stories of chronic patients that dont get better and keep on coming back again and again....:frown: ugh!!!
Reply 82
SamJL
good idea!! we could share horror stories of chronic patients that dont get better and keep on coming back again and again....:frown: ugh!!!
yup! Or patients who are "desperate" to get better but never do their exercises, frequently DNA and think Physio doesn't work because they've noticed no improvement
hey! congrats on getting that job! i have just read all of your blog (seriously gripping stuff) better than most novels!! im about to start my Complementary Healthcare course and bricking it! its good to hear there are jobs out there - even if there is loads of hurdles to overcome, good on you and your determination, i feel truly inspired! thanks Jackie :biggrin:
Reply 84
ok....so things are moving on! Hurrah! I've had my offer letter, contract and occupational health check and I'm good to go! They're doing my CRB check once I've started so thats one thing less we have to worry about. They've also ordered my uniform!

I have a start date of October 6th which is only a week and a half away!!! Scary! I still don't know which rottaion I'm starting on and as a result I haven't started any swotting up - I really should do that lol!

I had a really awful nightmare the other week where I started my job, hated it, and decided I didn't want to be a physio anymore!

Fingers crossed it won't come true lol!
JackieS
ok....so things are moving on! Hurrah! I've had my offer letter, contract and occupational health check and I'm good to go! They're doing my CRB check once I've started so thats one thing less we have to worry about. They've also ordered my uniform!

I have a start date of October 6th which is only a week and a half away!!! Scary! I still don't know which rottaion I'm starting on and as a result I haven't started any swotting up - I really should do that lol!

I had a really awful nightmare the other week where I started my job, hated it, and decided I didn't want to be a physio anymore!

Fingers crossed it won't come true lol!

Good Luck JackieS with all this.I am sure everything will be fine.:biggrin:
Reply 86
well it looks like its all happening, despite a last minute hitch where myocc health form was lost so I wasn't clear to start despite actually being passed clear 2 weeks ago!

But anyway - I'll be starting on Monday, on Cystic Fibrosis and Medicine as my rotation - guess I better get my stethoscope out and my "i do not want to vomit at the sight of that sputum" look on my face!

I'll be back next week with a new blog! Employed Physiotherapy Graduate!
JackieS
well it looks like its all happening, despite a last minute hitch where myocc health form was lost so I wasn't clear to start despite actually being passed clear 2 weeks ago!

But anyway - I'll be starting on Monday, on Cystic Fibrosis and Medicine as my rotation - guess I better get my stethoscope out and my "i do not want to vomit at the sight of that sputum" look on my face!

I'll be back next week with a new blog! Employed Physiotherapy Graduate!

Looking forward to reading your new blog JackieS and good luck with that new rotation:mfing:
Reply 88
Heart Congrats to Jackie, wh graduates today - not quite sure why the ceremony is nearly a year after she completed the degree, but it seems to be the way with a lot of academic institutions.

:party:
Reply 89
iainmacn
Heart Congrats to Jackie, wh graduates today - not quite sure why the ceremony is nearly a year after she completed the degree, but it seems to be the way with a lot of academic institutions.

aww thanks! i look like a prize twit in my hat (see my facebook lol!)
Hi
Interesting- I am looking for a new graduate and having advertised in physiobob I have not had any applications- albeit early days, I have been surprised- where do new grads look for work? I have an advert coming out in Frontline but that takes time
Jenny
Jackie - came across this thread when searching for

Quick Reply

Latest