The Student Room Group

Monsoon Interview?

Has anyone here ever had an interview at Monsoon/Accessoriez?
If so, what kinds of questions do they ask? I know its probs going to be hard to find someone on here who has..

Scroll to see replies

Lulu*et*Moi
Has anyone here ever had an interview at Monsoon/Accessoriez?
If so, what kinds of questions do they ask? I know its probs going to be hard to find someone on here who has..

Hello! I have and I currently work there so I hope i'm some help!

The ones I can remember are:

Why do you want the job?
What skills can you bring?
Where do you shop?
Who are our comepetitors?
How would you describe Monsoon's style?
What do you think the job involves?

The interviewer also got me to try and sell her a bracelet she was wearing.

Which Monsoon is your interview for?
Reply 2
My interview was for the one in Bullring, Bham. It was a group interview, there was 2 interviewers and 12 girls altogether. They gave us a box with stationary and random office tools in there, and told us to choose one and sell it to them. I picked the pen, and told them it was a mehendi pen and waffled on about it :p: Then we had another exercise which was a group exercise and we were given a shop floor scenario and questions regarding it.

I don't think i'm going to be successful though, its far too competitive :frown:
I didn't think that I going to be successful because they took ages to phone me but I was in the end and have now been working there for a year so don't give up! I had to phone the Bullring the other week to get something sent up... weird! Is it for a permanent position or a Sale Temp?
Reply 4
I've applied for sale temp but if i really like the job, i'd like to go permanent :smile: abit hard when you're doing A levels at the same time though. Oooh which monsoon are you at? They said if i get a letter i'm unsuccessful...so i really dread the post coming every morning! Thanks for the reassurance :smile:
They employ LOADS of sale temps in our store so you might be ok even if it's a big interview. I did it right through my A Levels (well the Scottish equivelent) and it was no problem, actually it was a good break in a weird way. I was interviewed on a Friday and they said 'I'll phone you back today or Monday to let you know either way' and she didn't call on the Friday so I assumed I didn't have it, but she phoned back on the Monday and offered me the job, so basically they can take their time.
I'm at the Edinburgh Dual Monsoon/Accessorize :smile:
Good Luck :smile:
Reply 6
thisisrubbish
They employ LOADS of sale temps in our store so you might be ok even if it's a big interview. I did it right through my A Levels (well the Scottish equivelent) and it was no problem, actually it was a good break in a weird way. I was interviewed on a Friday and they said 'I'll phone you back today or Monday to let you know either way' and she didn't call on the Friday so I assumed I didn't have it, but she phoned back on the Monday and offered me the job, so basically they can take their time.
I'm at the Edinburgh Dual Monsoon/Accessorize :smile:
Good Luck :smile:

I got the job woohoo!!! First one to get the job aswell :biggrin:

I thought they were gonna reject me, seriously. Only bad thing is, my job trainings on a school day :s-smilie: what should I do? Because my school flips at missing school over things like this. Thanks for your help and reassurance anyway :smile:
Reply 7
Lulu*et*Moi
My interview was for the one in Bullring, Bham. It was a group interview, there was 2 interviewers and 12 girls altogether. They gave us a box with stationary and random office tools in there, and told us to choose one and sell it to them. I picked the pen, and told them it was a mehendi pen and waffled on about it :p: Then we had another exercise which was a group exercise and we were given a shop floor scenario and questions regarding it.

I don't think i'm going to be successful though, its far too competitive :frown:

OMG!! I Was There With You!!! Did u get the job? :biggrin: x
Reply 8
Awwwh Just Read The Post.
Well Done!!
I Doubt I Got The Job But Hey...Glad You Did!! :biggrin: Well Done!!...X
Reply 9
Oh were you??? Oooh who are you? Sorry there were so many girls there. Well i dont know how many other people got the job, but she said she hadn't called anyone when she called me...so I'm sure she's still calling round :smile:

If i cant remember your name, what were you selling? I was the girl with the curly hair selling the pen :p:
Lulu*et*Moi
Oh were you??? Oooh who are you? Sorry there were so many girls there. Well i dont know how many other people got the job, but she said she hadn't called anyone when she called me...so I'm sure she's still calling round :smile:

If i cant remember your name, what were you selling? I was the girl with the curly hair selling the pen :p:

Well done! I thought you would get it :smile: Erm, maybe just pull a sickie at school? I was meant to be going on a weekend resedential with my school the weekend I started and had to just not go on the residential which was a bit annoying but worth it long term!
If you have any other questions about Monsoon don't hesitate to ask, as I am full time now it's the summer so know more about it than is probably healthy :p:
Reply 11
thisisrubbish
Well done! I thought you would get it :smile: Erm, maybe just pull a sickie at school? I was meant to be going on a weekend resedential with my school the weekend I started and had to just not go on the residential which was a bit annoying but worth it long term!
If you have any other questions about Monsoon don't hesitate to ask, as I am full time now it's the summer so know more about it than is probably healthy :p:

Thanks for your help :smile: I really appreciate it. Well, my induction is next week so what actually happens there? I know i get paid there...that's all though :s-smilie:
I love in Monsoon/Accessorize! Did you have a job before, or is this your first job?
Reply 13
stripey socks
I love in Monsoon/Accessorize! Did you have a job before, or is this your first job?

Its my first in retail :smile:
Lulu*et*Moi
Thanks for your help :smile: I really appreciate it. Well, my induction is next week so what actually happens there? I know i get paid there...that's all though :s-smilie:

On mine I just had to fill in all the admin details for my bank account, you don't actually get paid you just give them the details and your address and everything so they can put you on file. Then you just do a 'safety walk' which just basically means that they show you where the fire exits are and everything and read up on loads of health and safety stuff and they just give you the tour and introduce you to everyone basically. If they have time they might pair you up with someone so they can show you how to so a specific job, like fitting room or clear rail or standards or something. At least that's what they did for me.
Reply 15
I had an interview about 2 weeks ago and i got the job.

I was asked about customer service (helps if you prepare yourself on ideas about good and bad customer service) i was also asked to describe myself etc etc.
Reply 16
sarahmx
I had an interview about 2 weeks ago and i got the job.

I was asked about customer service (helps if you prepare yourself on ideas about good and bad customer service) i was also asked to describe myself etc etc.

Oooh well done :smile:

Yeah most of my interview was about customer service. Have you had the induction day yet? Mines next week..
Reply 17
Lulu*et*Moi
Oooh well done :smile:

Yeah most of my interview was about customer service. Have you had the induction day yet? Mines next week..

No. Im working in an airport airside so ive gotta sort out my airside pass but im starting landside next week so i can start the training stuff.
hiii guys just wanted to ask does any1 no how long monsoon accessorize take to get back after an interview????? :smile:
Reply 19
I have an interview at Monsoon this afternoon! Doing some last minute googling to get as much info on it as possible; I need a job for when uni starts -fingers crossed they like me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending