The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
*pink_sapphires*
tomorrow :p:

so this is last minute revision having done all the past papers in class at school and then having clean copies with the correct answers in.

it's unit 6 tomorrow too :frown: nasty unifying concepts one

Ouch! So much for my strategy then!
Best get the coffee out :p: lol

As I've said a few times recently on here, unifying concepts isn't as bad as it looks...and it gets lumped in with your practical exam/coursework - so as long as thats good, you'll be fine.

Seems a bit early for these exams though. I can't help thinking FFE and UC were one of my later ones. Oh well :p: have fun!
-G-a-v-
Ouch! So much for my strategy then!
Best get the coffee out :p: lol

As I've said a few times recently on here, unifying concepts isn't as bad as it looks...and it gets lumped in with your practical exam/coursework - so as long as thats good, you'll be fine.

Seems a bit early for these exams though. I can't help thinking FFE and UC were one of my later ones. Oh well :p: have fun!

All exams are a week earlier this year because of Easter being so early :frown:

Are you sure UC comes in with the practical exam? I was told it was lumped in with the option module (so in my case, Cosmology (which I hate!) )
Reply 22
*pink_sapphires*
All exams are a week earlier this year because of Easter being so early :frown:

Are you sure UC comes in with the practical exam? I was told it was lumped in with the option module (so in my case, Cosmology (which I hate!) )

Nah it definitely goes in with the practical.

Bottom of second page of this explains it.
-G-a-v-
Nah it definitely goes in with the practical.

Bottom of second page of this explains it.

Ah ok, thanks :smile:

means I have to worry more about Cosmology now though! EEEEK!!

Anyway...back to unit 4 *sobs*
Reply 24
*pink_sapphires*
Ah ok, thanks :smile:

means I have to worry more about Cosmology now though! EEEEK!!

Anyway...back to unit 4 *sobs*

Heh, enjoy! Any problems chuck 'em on here and I'll see what I can do. Should be on here for a bit. Nothing else to do tonight lol. Ditto with cosmology when the time comes.
i take maths as wel as physics and this module is no way near as hard as any of the maths modules i've sat.
people who also take chemistry and biology tel me that this module is the hardest module they have to do. by far.

ive listened to what people have sed here tho, ive done all the past papers and they helped. a lot. i'm getting at least a B in the papers, whereas in january i got a U :p:
Reply 26
iain32thomson
i take maths as wel as physics and this module is no way near as hard as any of the maths modules i've sat.
people who also take chemistry and biology tel me that this module is the hardest module they have to do. by far.

ive listened to what people have sed here tho, ive done all the past papers and they helped. a lot. i'm getting at least a B in the papers, whereas in january i got a U :p:

Depends which maths modules you've sat :p:

FFE is much harder than say, C2. But is trivial compared to FP3 haha.
Reply 27
iain32thomson

I've been really grinding the past papers today and I just got an A right now. So yeah, I really hope I don't get a U again :smile:

Now i've got to worry about Unifying Concepts as well. Stupid exam.
:bawling:

i did not like that one bit!
*pink_sapphires*
:bawling:

i did not like that one bit!

I agree, was definately rubbish.....

Thank goodness I didn't do too dreadfully in january!
Hmm... it might've been ok, but then again... it didn't help that I confused myself A LOT over the first question and spent 20 minutes on it, so even though I should have been able to do everything on the paper, I was in a panic and rushing like crazy. Let's hope for low grade boundaries! :biggrin:
Not a fan of that paper to be honest, wasn't the worst, but tricky enough, did some really stupid stuff, like the time constant=CR...which i forgot for workin out the capacitance and someone told me after and I was just like...DUH, ragin at meself. Not the worst paper though, thought the essay question was alright.
yeh the essay question was the best question i think

but deary me. who else spent the first 10 minutes of the exam looking at question 1 in idle? all the questions apart from the electromagnetic induction and question 1 i thought were reasonable, stil a ridiculously hard paper though
I don't remember it and one, with 4 and 6 it was just a barrage of questions :P. What was question one?
Reply 34
i swear i spent most the time doing the first 3 questions and then like 40mins max doing 4-7/

that first question was werid and i didnt like the one with the mars stuff either. the essay question was alrite though.
I coulnt get that weight of mars one right, i was ragin, i swore it was GMM/(r^2)=(mv^2)/r, but it didn't work out for me..so it looks like it wasn't.
^ That happened to me too... turns out I hadn't converted kilometres to metres for the radius.
I thought I did do that, I think I've just done something stupid like, ended up GM/r=v^2 where v was my anwser for the last question, maybe it was wrong :tongue:. Then r was 3500km like, I dunno, I really couln't figure it out, its seeming ever more likely that my speed was wrong, maybe i did do metres in stead of Km.
I got the mass right, probably about the only thing I did get right!
Drumlicious
Not a fan of that paper to be honest, wasn't the worst, but tricky enough, did some really stupid stuff, like the time constant=CR...which i forgot for workin out the capacitance and someone told me after and I was just like...DUH, ragin at meself. Not the worst paper though, thought the essay question was alright.

I did exactly the same! I then fiddled with numbers and got the right answer and then carried on working and found I did the alternate method that the paper had written in it! I thought it was an awful paper, as was the Unifying! I'm going to need to get very close to full marks in Health Physics to get my A now!

Didn't help that there were people doing music just down the corridor so couldn't really concentrate!

Latest