The Student Room Group

Edexcel History C (Schools History Project)

Edexcel History C (Schools History Project) - Paper 21: Medicine

I need desperate desperate help...
I am literally scared for my life, I have completely messed up my Nazi Germany and Medicine papers last Tuesday so I have to do AMAZINGLY well on this paper.
My problem is that I don't actually know how to "write" the exam. I over-brief things and I don't realise when I'm doing it which loses me lots of marks and this is a really bad thing for me as I know the facts needed =\

This is my last chance to make sure I achieve a B or above..and I seriously think I didn't even make a C on the last two papers ><"
I'm honestly going to explode...please help!

Is it possible for you guys to give me examples of answers?
Example exam question (from 2007 paper):

Study Source O
Do you think that the influence of war was the most important factor in the establishment of the NHS in 1948?
Use Source O and your own knowledge to explain your answer (12)
Reply 1
do you have the whole of the 2007 paper?
if not, can you find it on the internet, ive searched (although, addmittadly not very well) but cannot find it.
Reply 2
I got that exact same exam tommorow and I'm dreading it as I'm crap at using sources. Don't worry, pretty much everyone i know thought they messed up Paper 1 aswell.

Anyways for that question to get the top marks you've got to write a balenced argument and then finish it off with a conclusion with your personal opinion on whether war was the main factor or not.

I would structure it like this:

P1--- Reasons why war was the main factor (refer to source)

P2--- Other factor e.g. government was the main factor

p3--- Another factor e.g. Individuals (Bevan or Beverigde)

P4--- Conclusion-- Make a final judgement on what you feel is the main factor and explain why.

Aslong as you put forward a detailed and balanced argument for each paragraph with a good conclusion you're on to a winner! :smile:

PS. where did you get this paper from???
Reply 3
M-stars
do you have the whole of the 2007 paper?
if not, can you find it on the internet, ive searched (although, addmittadly not very well) but cannot find it.

Well...my school gave it to me and says December 2007 so I assume it is the actual paper..So yeah, I have it? But I have no way of sharing it as my scanner's not working..

gmanjohn
I got that exact same exam tommorow and I'm dreading it as I'm crap at using sources. Don't worry, pretty much everyone i know thought they messed up Paper 1 aswell.

Anyways for that question to get the top marks you've got to write a balenced argument and then finish it off with a conclusion with your personal opinion on whether war was the main factor or not.

I would structure it like this:

P1--- Reasons why war was the main factor (refer to source)

P2--- Other factor e.g. government was the main factor

p3--- Another factor e.g. Individuals (Bevan or Beverigde)

P4--- Conclusion-- Make a final judgement on what you feel is the main factor and explain why.

Aslong as you put forward a detailed and balanced argument for each paragraph with a good conclusion you're on to a winner! :smile:

PS. where did you get this paper from???

I got it from my school, but I'm not entirely sure if the paper I have is the actual 2007 one, I know they're all real exam questions but as it's been compiled into a revision booklet, some things might have been edited. It says December 2007 though..so I think it might just be a mock but anyhow, it's all I have...

Thanks for helping me, I'll try and attempt the question after lunch..I keep on putting it off cos I really don't wanna do the exam, if only our exam papers mysteriously got burnt tomorrow morning xD
"For interpretation questions, e.g. 'Do you agree that...' or 'How far do you agree that...' you need to have sustained argument throughout and be able to discuss the other side of the argument for the top level. Use connectives such as 'however', 'nevertheless' or 'on the other hand'."
(from school's revision booklet)

Don't worry Lainey, everyone I talked to about Paper 1 thought they'd done badly. The person sat across from me said 'I've failed' after the papers had been collected.

All the best for tomorrow everybody!

T&T