The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i'm predicted A's, but the only subjects i definately think i've got A's in are maths, biology, geography and digital applications (2 gcse's).
the rest i'm pretty sure i've got B's... which i'd still be really happy with, but i really don't want to let my parents down and i'm worried they'll be disappointed!!!!!!!!!
right this is what I was wondering..
will some of my teachers already have seen my results before I do? :s-smilie:
Reply 22
annab1684
right this is what I was wondering..
will some of my teachers already have seen my results before I do? :s-smilie:

No they shouldn't do. Your results will be in a sealed envelope and you'll be the first one to see all of them.
I've read that teachers tend to get all your results off the different slips from different boards and put them all together on one sheet for you in the envelope? besides, it must be the school that puts them in the envelope anyway seen as there are different boards?
:s-smilie:

I just really want to be the first to know!
No, I'm not looking forward to it. My family are also on holiday, so my tutor has said they will email them to my Dad's Blackberry...I'd hate to hear them read out to me over the phone...

They are going to make or break that holiday...Will be gutted if i dont attain 5 A* or get the A*s I want (need?) in science....:redface: Though i did my best in those papers though so hopefully.

Edit: So it will be annoying as my Tutor will see all of them first instead of me...I will be insulted if they say they are good, yet i didnt attain the threshold stated above.
Reply 25
I think that the 20th of August will be the day when all GCSE students up and down the country will be failing to get any sleep, desperately waiting for the 21st of august.

I hope that the teachers don't see them beforehand. After all, results are supposed to be private. I'm going to find a quiet corner and open the envelope.....
EEK! just the thought scares me.. imagine how i'd be when actually getting my results!
Reply 27
Verrryyy terrified. I've been thinking that these exams have been going ok, but I've barely been revising, so it could just be me thinking they are when instead I've been failing all of them. If I do fail most of my exams, no idea what I'm going to do.
Reply 28
wow. At 12 am i'm gonna be remebering all the GCSE students...wohoo!
Reply 29
i think the teachers do know your results. After all, who comiles all the certificates friom all the exam boards?
Reply 30
yep, certain teachers do get to know them (but not all... your subject teacher might not know your grade)... my mum is a teacher, and she gets all the A-level/GCSE results back to organise them/see if offers have been made, before the actual results day...
Yeah, normally the teachers go into schools the day before to see the results.
i think the english teachers at my school get the english papers bk.... :s-smilie:
I'm most worried about Maths, 4H [IGCSE] was a real toughy & now I'm worried I've got a D. [I only just scraped a C in my mock & it was easier than the actual exam] which would mean having to retake it.

I was given an Edexcel online login pin thing so, assuming the website isn't down the whole night, I can check before I get the envelope at school.

And yes, teachers do usually the results before you, my mum is a teacher & an hour before the kids come and collect their results, they go up on a big board in the staff area at her school.
I'm not gonna panic about it because there's nothing I can do now.
Apart from revise for my last four exams. :smile:

I go on holiday in August though, so on the plane coming back on Saturday 16th I'll probably be running up and down the aisle.
Reply 35
I'll probably not think about them until a week before the results day and then I'll panic, it'll be like waiting for Christmas when I was little, that same weird sense of waiting. I will be tense and irritable I just know it :smile:.
Reply 36
I'm more excited than nervous. I'll get whatever grades i deserve, so there's no reason to panic about it; if i dont get a great grade i'll know that i couldnt get it because i have worked hard, so theres no point getting upset if i do badly.
Reply 37
To be honest the nerves and anticipation are the best bit.
A-Levels are memorisation exercise. They're incredibly futile -- and yet universities regard them.
Reply 39
I'll be incredibly nervous, yes. That's just part and parcel of the whole process really, I've come to believe that.

Latest