The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'll worry nearer the time; I worry for about a day or 2 after the exam. Then I forget them. I wish I didn't have to wait so long though.
jelly1000
I'm most worried about Maths, 4H [IGCSE] was a real toughy & now I'm worried I've got a D. [I only just scraped a C in my mock & it was easier than the actual exam] which would mean having to retake it.

I was given an Edexcel online login pin thing so, assuming the website isn't down the whole night, I can check before I get the envelope at school.

And yes, teachers do usually the results before you, my mum is a teacher & an hour before the kids come and collect their results, they go up on a big board in the staff area at her school.

I did the same exam for maths as you..when did you get that? Or are they supposed to only give you it on results day?

jismith1989
A-Levels are memorisation exercise. They're incredibly futile -- and yet universities regard them.

The better ones dont and are angry that almost a 1/4 people who sit them get the top grade..that is why Imperial is setting up its own entrance exam.
Reply 42
Mixed really.
Not really nervous at the moment, but the day before probably.
Reply 43
jelly1000
I'm most worried about Maths, 4H [IGCSE] was a real toughy & now I'm worried I've got a D. [I only just scraped a C in my mock & it was easier than the actual exam] which would mean having to retake it.

I was given an Edexcel online login pin thing so, assuming the website isn't down the whole night, I can check before I get the envelope at school.

And yes, teachers do usually the results before you, my mum is a teacher & an hour before the kids come and collect their results, they go up on a big board in the staff area at her school.

I've heard about the log in but how do you get it? And when can you see your results?
Poshtotty
I've heard about the log in but how do you get it? And when can you see your results?

ur teachers give u a pin number, but not all schools do it so if ur teacher hasn't given u a log-in then chances are they're not doing it!
Reply 45
I'm worried especially about English Language and Literature.
Reply 46
Ash1349
I'm worried especially about English Language and Literature.

Ditto, I find it so difficult to tell how good I did - it's pretty much down to the marker.

And about this results plus thing from Edexcel - it's only available from the morning of the results day right? And also when we have to get the PIN or whatever from our teacher, would that be the exams officer?
Reply 47
everyone, just remember unis don't pay massive consideration to GCSE's. i've seen people on this website who have gotten into medicine at a top uni like UCL with only 2 A*, and the rest B's and C's. if you think you have done badly, its probably because your just being too self-critical and youll do better than you actually expect. even if you don't, you will have a chance if you do a-levels to make up for it and still get into a top uni for a top course.
Reply 48
i am soo scared about english literature. I think it is probabl;y the worst exam i have ever done. Can you get a grade "I"?
Reply 49
Cyth
I have only revised the day before each exam

SAME. It will be really interesting to see what I actually get. If i manage to get a few A's it will be a bloody miracle. Damn I wish I'd properly revised and worked in year 10. Year 10, I did NOTHING. I didn't do much in Year 11 either. Then extremely last minute revision...I have a feeling I'm going to see a few D's..
I look forward to seeing how I've done..I dont think I've done well but I cant wait to get it over with!! :smile: Anyway I've not finished exams yet bit early to think of results day
i'm going to get the envelope and just go home before i open them

i don't think i'll be able to cope with loads of screaming/crying girls around me going "HOW DID YOU DO?"

i decided not to care about it, i mean, of course i will, but theres no point worrying about it until your GCSEs are actually over

but by crikey did i fail maths german history and latin.
and they're the subjects i was considering for alevel :/
well actually, not latin. but yeah
Reply 52
me, i wont sleep at all the night before and then go to school even before its open at like 8:00 coz ill be sooo nervous, and while im on the bus/ car ill be **********g myself
im always nervous!! last June i didnt want to open my results (it was only 2 modules for GCSE science) lol but my mate forced me to open them!!

and in March i was shaking all day for my results from Jan (which was only 3 science modules). and when i opened it i was shaking even more and i was going to collapse coz i did good lol

this august theres soo many more results and im soo nervous! just thinking about it now!!
I'm so scared already! I keep having dreams about results day which does not help my nerves in the slightest. Thursday will be 10 weeks until results day; when you put it like that, it actually seems really far away. Does anyone agree with me?
Reply 55
piece_by_piece
I'm so scared already! I keep having dreams about results day which does not help my nerves in the slightest. Thursday will be 10 weeks until results day; when you put it like that, it actually seems really far away. Does anyone agree with me?

Well for me, it actually sounds quite close. The 21st of August seems ages away but you put it into weeks, it makes me even mroe nervous. I actually had a dream last night about my results. I am sooooo nervous.
Poshtotty
Well for me, it actually sounds quite close. The 21st of August seems ages away but you put it into weeks, it makes me even mroe nervous. I actually had a dream last night about my results. I am sooooo nervous.

Fingers crossed that we'll all be fine :smile:
Reply 57
I remember last year when I got my ICT result--I could barely open the envelope.
And then I scared my deputy head by bursting into tears because it was an A* (I was happy by the way).

So I have no idea what I will be like when I open 11 this year!!!!
I keep dreaming about my results too, and I have not even finished yet! Shows how much the subjects and the exams mean to you!!!

But I am not sure about French or History. I said I was an alcoholic in my French oral by accident. Oh dear...
Ha..yes the shaking, I've got that too several times when i have had to do something nerve-racking. It feels really weird, often its part relief that its over, forces you to sit down..... I will undoubtly get it once again on Aug 21.
I think I will be; but on the other hand I'll probably end up thinking that I can't do anything about it.
Although they haven't gone all that well so when the day comes I might well be, especially in some of them.
(French, Geography, English).

Latest