The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well it's to late to do anything about it now I guess, just two exams left for me!At least there'll be no nasty surprises with fsmq, i KNOW i've done badly there!Oh well.It's sort of comforting to know that people are meant to go up a whole grade between their mocks and the real exams though!!!And this time i actually revised so...
Reply 81
i will cry on results day. guaranteed.

either i get my grades and get into uni, or i don't get my grades and fail - and then need to reapply:s-smilie: so yeah, i'll be crying:smile:
Reply 82
[QUOTE='[m a a r i.]']IM SCARED TO DEATH.
im anxious, nervous, scared,
i just know i tried my best.

but then my parents never look in another perspective that i'd tried my best, my parents, i can say, that they just want the good grades, if i get a C or D in this exam, they will definitely scold me.
they rarely say " you can do better during the next test", they would say "get a 80% back"

are any of your parents like that?

Yes unfortunately. Thinking about it, most of the nerves are down to the fact that my parents are going to have that dreadful look of disappointment on their faces if I get C's. For them it's not about the effort, it's about the grades. Without them thinking that way, I actually reckon I would be so much calmer.

Even when I get a B grade, the only reaction I get is a disappointed look and a sigh of "oh..."
Reply 83
The adrenaline before any test result is the best, I'll really enjoy opening my results.
Reply 84
ifelthope
I'm scared to death, to be honest. Anyone know when CIE IGCSE results come out?

:eek: 14th Aug good luck!
Reply 85
I don't know what will be worse: the thought of bad results or seeing my parents "Disappointed" in my results :s-smilie:
Greatleysteg
In subjects like Psychology, Sociology, ICT, etc maybe.

English Literature/ Languages/ History/ Maths/ Sciences err... no

Particularly English Lit. So unbelievable subjective marking, and no idea what questions will come up at all.

Perhaps. Doesn't help any if you've chosen a subject from the former group, however! But I would argue that History is largely a memorisation exercise; even the 'analysis' is usually memorised by students.
Reply 87
I am soo scared about English Literarture...its my worst exam. Anyone feel the same way?
c0nfus3d
I am soo scared about English Literarture...its my worst exam. Anyone feel the same way?

Ditto. Everyone taking it was crying and shaking.Lol. I revised sooooo much for it, but I couldn't get my hand to stop shaking. :rolleyes: I am so nervous about Literature and Language (even tough they are "apparently" my strongest subjects), because I was so nervous taking those papers. The one thing im glad about is that they are over, I was losing sleep worrying about sitting the papers. Im trying to stay positive, and hope I got my A*'s, but I doubt it. :frown:

I was on an A for Maths overall, then I took Mod 5......and it all went out the window.Lol.I really want an A in Maths and I just hope I've done the best I can.

Im fairly confident aabout Geography and the Sciences though. Hopefully I got my A* in Geography and an A* in Science. :s-smilie:
Reply 89
Wow. It was completely the opposite for me. Everyone was really confident and I felt confident- a bit too complacent if you ask me. Then after the exam, I was like it was okay, until everyone was like.."did you write this and that?" PLus i wrote half my answers in note form. Will i get marks for that?
c0nfus3d
Wow. It was completely the opposite for me. Everyone was really confident and I felt confident- a bit too complacent if you ask me. Then after the exam, I was like it was okay, until everyone was like.."did you write this and that?" PLus i wrote half my answers in note form. Will i get marks for that?

Lol. That is the worst thing with exams, when you come out of the hall and everyone is saying what they wrote......and you realise you wrote something different or changed your answer to the correct one at the last minute. It always makes me nervous. You just want to run back in and change the answer.
Reply 91
:smile: finally, someone who understands!
To be honest, some days I wonder why I put myself through the misery of exam stress. :wink:

It has to be worth it in the end.......right??? lol. I think I will die if I fail, after stressing out so much. :eek:
Reply 93
hey, just wondering if anyone knows about getting their gcse grades earlier than the 21st of August through the internet or something. Apparently people can get theirs early. I think i read it on a previous thread or something; Can't find it now though.
i'm terrified.
i keep having nightmares about science. :\
shamansue
:eek: 14th Aug good luck!

So could we find out our cie results before 21st?
Reply 96
Emmalouise1990
To be honest, some days I wonder why I put myself through the misery of exam stress. :wink:

It has to be worth it in the end.......right??? lol. I think I will die if I fail, after stressing out so much. :eek:

sometimes i think...is it worth the effort?! but then i think of the future lol...
i don't want to end up in a dead-end job because doesn'teducation open so many doors? and its kind of universal in a cool way...
wow... i sound like a geek :P
c0nfus3d

Same here. :frown:
Along with History yknow. :|
People usually say they've done very bad, but actually they havent.
Wheras for me, I actually do. :frown:
So yeah, I will cry when I get them.
Reply 98
I think that alot of people are GROSSLY overreacting about how badly they have done.

dam just have some confidence in yourself :wink:

Im sure that i have got all A and A*, and im sure that many people in this thread have got that aswell
The longest few months of our life's so far.... and then we will all realise that GCSE's really don't matter, as long as you get what you need for your sixth form etc.

Wish everyone every success :smile:

Latest