The Student Room Group
you have to know the characteristics of an anxiety disorder.
both phobias and OCD are anxiety disorders
you only need to know one of them.
and if anything this is the less likely thing to come up as it was asked in january and june :smile:
Reply 2
you need one anxiety order. phobias for example. OCD is different - whichever you were taught in lessons is what you need.
OCD is an example of an anxiety disorder, as are phobias. However, for the last two papers anxiety disorders came up; therefore it is more likely to be depression or schizophrenia.
we've been taught phobias, but in the text book they have a good explanations of OCD shall i just learn that instead? cos im a bit clueless on phobias anyway...and are you lot not gonna bother revising phobias if its come up the last two times? u never know..it could be a third..
I'd stick with what you've been taught.

No I'm not going to bother revising phobias, I'm pretty sure it won't come up. I'm not particularly worried if it does anyway, I only need 30 marks in this exam.
Reply 6
GodspeedGehenna
I'd stick with what you've been taught.

No I'm not going to bother revising phobias, I'm pretty sure it won't come up. I'm not particularly worried if it does anyway, I only need 30 marks in this exam.

you need 30 marks to get what grade?

if i don't turn up i get a C, tempting. but rather need an A in psych ^^
OiaB
you need 30 marks to get what grade?

if i don't turn up i get a C, tempting. but rather need an A in psych ^^

30 marks to get an A overall.
Reply 8
GodspeedGehenna
30 marks to get an A overall.

your scum
OiaB
your scum

:dh:
Reply 10
GodspeedGehenna
:dh:

^^

i hope you choke on that cookie :smile:

i'm just jealous really
speaking of grade boundaries and grade, how do i work how much i need on this exam to get an A? ive been on the aqa website and looked at the grade boundries but their confusing me =[
PYA5 GCE PSYCHOLOGY A UNIT 5 - 53a 47b 42c 37d 32e

These were the boundaries for January. They can change depending on the difficulty of the paper though, but this gives you a rough idea. The maximum amount of marks for PYA5 is 94.. So, the boundaries are actually quite low.
Reply 13
GodspeedGehenna
PYA5 GCE PSYCHOLOGY A UNIT 5 - 53a 47b 42c 37d 32e

These were the boundaries for January. They can change depending on the difficulty of the paper though, but this gives you a rough idea. The maximum amount of marks for PYA5 is 94.. So, the boundaries are actually quite low.

question for you - was there a PYA5 paper in Jan 08? confused. trying to figure out whether culture bias will come up ^^ :biggrin:
OiaB
question for you - was there a PYA5 paper in Jan 08? confused. trying to figure out whether culture bias will come up ^^ :biggrin:

Yes, gender and ethics came up.

I'm guessing Culture is very likely to come up this time round.
Reply 15
Jan 05 Gender Bias
Culture Bias
Jun 05 Use of Animals
Jan 06 Gender Bias
Jun 06 Culture Bias
Jan 07 "Use of Animals"
Gender Bias
Jun 07 "Use of Animals"
Jan 08 Gender Bias

Culture Bias FTL :|
OiaB
Jan 05 Gender Bias
Culture Bias
Jun 05 Use of Animals
Jan 06 Gender Bias
Jun 06 Culture Bias
Jan 07 "Use of Animals"
Gender Bias
Jun 07 "Use of Animals"
Jan 08 Gender Bias

Culture Bias FTL :|

Here's a useful link posted in the other thread. Model essay for Culture Bias:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=410172
Reply 17
GodspeedGehenna
Here's a useful link posted in the other thread. Model essay for Culture Bias:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=410172

got one :smile: but cheers. I'll prob read it before monday. Writing an essay for it now :/

Latest

Trending

Trending