The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I revised for it a few weeks ago, but ive been concentrating on all my other exams over the last week. Im so gonna fail my exam tomoro.. lol

No, i meant what college/school.
Reply 21
No !! be positive lol !!

Ooooo I'm at Exeter College, well i was but i have left now and just resiting this exam.
Reply 22
i got all Cs last year and now cuz of my rubbish teacher i got an E in mycourse work i was wondering wat grade will i need to get in pya4 and pya5 to get a C overall
Reply 23
Boybetterknow2007
i got all Cs last year and now cuz of my rubbish teacher i got an E in mycourse work i was wondering wat grade will i need to get in pya4 and pya5 to get a C overall

I think if you get C's or higher in pya4 and pya5 you will get your C overall
Reply 24
thanks a lot hopefully thats achievable anyways good luck with your exams
Reply 25
Boybetterknow2007
thanks a lot hopefully thats achievable anyways good luck with your exams

Don't worry you will probaly be fine. Its still quite likely uni's will still take you even if you get a grade below what they ask for. Try your best anyways.
Good luck for your exams too :-)
where and what are you planning to study?
Reply 26
im planning to go to hull and study Economics and Business if i get the grades..... where are what are you planning to study?
Reply 27
Boybetterknow2007
im planning to go to hull and study Economics and Business if i get the grades..... where are what are you planning to study?

Psychology at portsmouth
Reply 28
hello.. I'm doing this exam as well.. I've been doing past papers and basically writing down the answers from the mark schemes because it seems like they're marked strangely, like they focus on the kind of things which aren't all that obvious and the obvious things aren't focussed on so much...? anyone else find that?
So yeah, trying to get in a "mark scheme" frame of mind. lol.
fourr
hello.. I'm doing this exam as well.. I've been doing past papers and basically writing down the answers from the mark schemes because it seems like they're marked strangely, like they focus on the kind of things which aren't all that obvious and the obvious things aren't focussed on so much...? anyone else find that?
So yeah, trying to get in a "mark scheme" frame of mind. lol.

Yeah same, it's always useful to see what the markschemes say ...

I'm doing questions 1 or 2, 3 and the methods one too ...

I just hope the questions will be in the same sort of format, esp for science ... :s

What do you guys think will be on? Do people know what was on the Jan 07 one?

<3
Reply 30
Sounds similar to PYA5, what's the diff?
anybody got any advice for pyb3 or pyb6? i keep getting a D or an E, when my exams are A standard...the teachers are no help either!! please help :smile: xx
Reply 32
feelingflirty
anybody got any advice for pyb3 or pyb6? i keep getting a D or an E, when my exams are A standard...the teachers are no help either!! please help :smile: xx

I'm the opposite, I do better in coureswork than exams, but a closer margin than yours.

Hmm, well I just used the textbook a lot for coursework and used my teacher's guides. I also wrote the introduction quite like an essay as you would in English using a different style of writing. I got in loads of studies and tried to make links: e.g. I did physical attractiveness and got in a study about anorexia and talked about people's self-esteem. Make sure it's all ine the right order. Make the method really really detailed saying almost everything single thing you did so it can replicated exactly. Err that's all I can think of off the top of my head...

It's a shame your teachers aren't much use. Are you doing the new specification? I thought there wasn't any coursework in that?
Reply 33
How did everyone find PYB5 by the way? I don't know if we're allowed to talk about it...?
I did question 2, 3 and 5 and thought it went okay, no surprises.
I did 1,4, 5.... x

Latest

Trending

Trending